Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok ladies i need some help!!!

im trying to find me some riding gear. keep in mind that i don't ride often and on the back of tommys bike. i would like some chaps, but im short lol only 4"11 and all the ones i have tried on don't fit right... and as to helmets im kinda (ok alot) clausterphobic lol any suggestions? thanks ladies yall are the best!! delanna

·
Registered
19,728 Posts
OK, you asked! Claustrophobic or not, get a full faced helmet. HJC makes affordable, good helmets. Any pair of chaps you buy will have to be shortened, guarantee it. Fieldshear makes a nice, affordable mesh jacket. Leave to amour in it, please.

This will give you something to look into, will keep you busy for awhile!

·
Dark Angel of Sin
12,020 Posts
ok ladies i need some help!!!

im trying to find me some riding gear. keep in mind that i don't ride often and on the back of tommys bike. i would like some chaps, but im short lol only 4"11 and all the ones i have tried on don't fit right... and as to helmets im kinda (ok alot) clausterphobic lol any suggestions? thanks ladies yall are the best!! delanna
check out newenough.com they have some great prices and good gear :wink:

·
BACK ON TWO WHEELS
13,542 Posts
try the scorpion exo-200/400 series, my wife has a small small head (XS) and they fit her great

She has the matching paradise sky 200/400 set

200 is 3/4
400 is full

·
Novice Tank Roller
15,810 Posts
full face helmet gives you the best protection, of course, but 3/4 helmets are good choices too, and there's lots of them. Take a trip to the local bike shop and find something you like that fits well. Remember the brand and size, then go check out the internet for the best price.

As for chaps, you'll probably have to buy them to fit your waist and thighs and just cut them off to the right lengh for you. that's what I did with my wifes.

If you prefer not to ride with chaps, check out Dragin Jeans. I have a pair. they are kevlar reinforced. they are a bit warm in hot weather, but comfortable otherwise. Fit on them is spot on to most quality brands of jeans.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol only problem with the draggin jeans are the fact that they don't make the womens jeans to fit me... and if i cut them off the other areas don't fit right i have tried on a pair... maybe after i lose the weight i want they will fit :)
and i will keep on looking for chaps. the ones i tried on was kinda unisex at a weird store in arkansas that sold leather stuff. haven't tried on any of the good stuff yet :) but if hubby wants me to ride with him he gotta get me gear!

·
Novice Tank Roller
15,810 Posts
I won't speak for everyone, but most I know don't wear chaps all that often anyway unless it's cooler out. My wife and I both just wear jeans.

maybe you could just get kevlar cloth and wrap it around your bum! :D

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i don't worry about the face as much as the legs and arms lol they hurt and i bruise real easy. im als ogoing to find me a jacket with a liner. we are going to go to the missuri ride and if i gotta be on the back of hte bike that long i need protection!! or im taking a bus lol

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
check out newenough.com they have some great prices and good gear :wink:
+1. I get all my gear there, their closeouts are the best. I just got a pair of boots. I need to stay off that website . . .

As far a the helmet, I was claustrophobic as well. After a while you get used to it. For me, once I was moving, it went away. Now I can walk around the house with it on and it doesn't bother me. I have a Shoei and you can get different size padding. I got smaller padding b/c the helmet fit but it was squishing my face. Now that padding has worn down a little I need to get new padding.

I don't know about chaps but NewEnough does have a closeout on Powertrip leather overpants. I think Obsidian got a pair - Power Trip Ladies Black Diamond Leather Motorcycle Overpants :: New Enough Motorcycle Apparel

They are not as attractive but I wear the mesh pants over my jeans because they have armor in the knees and hips. The mesh pants have a liner but I haven't tried it yet. I usually wear stockings, then jeans, then the mesh overpants. If it's under 50, I do get a little chill in that spot just above my boots but below my knee where the air is flowing through.

In the summer I just wear the mesh pants with nothing under them.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
wendy if you knees get too cold do like i do and get some of the thermal care heat pads lol they are good for up to 8 hrs and stick to your skin and stay there i have used them out here on the road just walking around as i have had knee slurgery and the cold hurts my knees :)

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
wendy if you knees get too cold do like i do and get some of the thermal care heat pads lol they are good for up to 8 hrs and stick to your skin and stay there i have used them out here on the road just walking around as i have had knee slurgery and the cold hurts my knees :)
Ooooh. That would be a good alternative to heated clothing. I just got some heated grips that we need to install. They sell heated vests, heated gloves, even heated socks! I can't believe how much heated clothing you can buy to wear on your motorcycle.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah but if its that cold why ride? lol i guess thats from a non riders mentality i said it to my hubby and he looked like i had shot him or something. im gonna have to try a place and try stuff on i hate to buy stuff and can't wear it

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Hi Delanna...
Anyone who isn't used to wearing a fullface helmet will feel a bit claustrophobic at 1st.
I still insist on fullface though, so my advice would be to get a flip one. Walk around the hse with it open, then eventually close it. Good thing it's winter now, so you won't sweat like a pig in it like i do in Malaysia. haha..
Probably the tallest and coolest looking ladies' riding boots would be from Icon. I'm thinking of getting a pair, but for now, I love my Gaerne boots. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts