Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone could assist me on the best way to get myself some new keys made that would be great, here is the situation. I have a used 2006 Ninja 650r when i bought it used not from a dealer had no user manual, and only one key (without the metal serial number that i have read about), and like a jackass :nopity: i never made a spare and now my greatest fears have come to pass i lost them. Can anybody direct me on the best way to go about getting a new set of keys for my motorcycle cause i read that kawa support is gonna want a serial number that i dont have. THANKS A Bunch *looks sadly out the window at the wonderful riding weather *tear**

·
Registered
473 Posts
Look for a key code at/near the ignition and/or seat release.
Another possibility is to have a locksmith cut a blank. Of course, this opens up a logistical can o' worms, but it is still an option. Do you belong to AAA or similar?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just took the ignition off and brought it to a locksmith with a blank I bought from the dealer. no questions asked and they cut the key to fit, cost $20 total.

·
Registered
466 Posts
If anyone could assist me on the best way to get myself some new keys made that would be great, here is the situation. I have a used 2006 Ninja 650r when i bought it used not from a dealer had no user manual, and only one key (without the metal serial number that i have read about), and like a jackass :nopity: i never made a spare and now my greatest fears have come to pass i lost them. Can anybody direct me on the best way to go about getting a new set of keys for my motorcycle cause i read that kawa support is gonna want a serial number that i dont have. THANKS A Bunch *looks sadly out the window at the wonderful riding weather *tear**
Call the dealer and see if its possible for you to get the code off the ignition without removing it. The dealer should ask for proof of ownership before cutting a key.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the help thus far! Ok so i went to a dealer they told me to pop my ignition out, how would i go about this on a 2006 650R ninja? any advice? Thanks again guys

·
Needs More Cowbell
11,774 Posts
Not familliar with your bike, but does it have a helmet lock??? Normally helmet locks are easier to get off the bike than the ignition switch.

·
I like vintage stuff!
165 Posts
On my lock cylinder face is a three digit key code number. I was able to find someone on E-bay selling genuine Kawasaki keys with the matching number. I ordered it and it fit like a glove. Cost me $10 bucks! Don't know if your newer bike has the number on it or not.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts