Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Coca-Cola Addict
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im planning on installing them this week. I will have it at the lowest setting. My question is, will the bottom part of the link interfere with the lower fairing?? Will i have to cut a square from the lowering fairing so it will not make contact? just wondering what u guys did that have the same set up. I have an 06 zx6r. Also, will i have to remove the exhaust? i hope not lol I have a rear stand, hopefully the job wont be to difficult. any advice would be appreciated

.. on another note, my spazzo levers should be in along with vortex rear sets ! :)

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
You generally find any decent aftermarket manufacturer will try and steer away from cutting the bikes body work (Apart from Crash protection. R&G for example) as once you've cut there's no turning back if you didn't get your measurments right.

I have fitted loads of lowering kits and never had to modify any bodywork YET :)

The only thing Vortex mention on their site regarding lowering kits is the side stand (Kick Stand) may have to be moddified (Shortened)

IMHO they would mention any body work modifications required if for no other reason than to stop the phones ringing off the hook with customers complaining their kits don't fit.

Having said all that you will of course let us know if there are any issues when you fit em :wink:

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
Good point to take caution in. You may very well want to shorten or bend your kickstand after lowering the bike. After dropping my Wife's VFR800 an inch...it sat way too upright...uncomfortably so. I torched and bent the kickstand slightly, and now it leans over almost pretty much at the same angle as before.

·
Coca-Cola Addict
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good point to take caution in. You may very well want to shorten or bend your kickstand after lowering the bike. After dropping my Wife's VFR800 an inch...it sat way too upright...uncomfortably so. I torched and bent the kickstand slightly, and now it leans over almost pretty much at the same angle as before.
thank you:) I was planning on cutting the kickstand and re-welding it but torching it sounds like a better idea.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.