Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ,

Looking for some ideas - I have a zx6 J1 2000 model for racing only - its fitted with a carbon can and K&N filter but standard otehr than that.

On the track this week it was great until you put it under ay load and then it stuttered and coughed with minimal response to throttle I checked the plus and whilst it was a bit lean it seems too extreme just to be the jetting - I am guessing electrics or fuel . Its partic bad after changing gear and won't ride through it.

I have checked the pump which appears to be working OK

Has anyone experienced anything like this in the past ?

Any ideas on where I should be looking for a solution ?

Apprecaie any help you can give me on the forum or via [email protected]

Thanks & Regards

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Whens the last time you changed/cleaned your airfilter?

Does your bike have ram air?

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
def. check your airfilter , maybe even put a stock one back in it (or cover half of it to see if its way too lean) make sure the vent lines to the carbs are open/not kinked etc. make sure all your plug caps are pushed down tight,make sure your airbox is SEATED COMPLETELY. good luck :wink:

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Double check your fuel line and make sure it wasn't pinched as well and is clear. Just blow through it and that will take that out of the equation.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
zx6 not revving

Thanks for the input :

1, Its a new K&N filter made of mesh/card rather than foam so may be contributing to the problem.

2, Yes its a ram air model - all pipes are in place appear OK

Appreciate your input/help,

Cheers
Rob

[quot

e="1Adam12"]Whens the last time you changed/cleaned your airfilter?

Does your bike have ram air?[/quote]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts