Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there G-Man here, I've been looking for some parts for my ZX-10. I'm trying to find some carbon-fibre mirrors and a decent undertail section. Anyone with any help please let me know. Thanks.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Undertails....Hot Bodies has a full undertail kit. Pretty expensive as it's about $200 if memory serves me right.

Fender eliminator kits: Targa and Competition Werks comes to mind. There are a few others but I don't remember them off hand right now.

Mirrors: There's a company in Japan that produces replacement mirrors for the 10. I don't recall if they have a carbon fiber mirror but I do remember them to be very pricey. Hence why I didn't look into it further. This same company also has their own mirror overlay that provides more of a panoramic view of stuff behind you. It's cheaper and I know one guy on one of the 10 forums having used these and was satisfied with them.

A word of warning about the Hot Bodies kit. I've heard that the paint match is hit or miss on these things. I've heard the black ones are a close match with the orange being pretty off. I personally got turned off by the kit as you have to do some drilling and there are visible screws that are absent on the original undertail.

Another word of warning about fender eliminators on the 10. Many guys have experienced cracking problems with their stock undertails. The problem seems to stem from some kits not utilizing all four mounting holes are not providing a very secure mount to prevent the undertail from vibrating and moving.

After looking at all the options out there, I've decided to bag the idea of either getting an undertail kit or a fender eliminator. I'll just stick with the stock setup and I'm going to order the 05 turn signals to install in place of my 04 turn signals. I already have the euro flush mount turn signals on the front.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response. I've heard alot about the "HOTBODIES" tail and none of them were good so I think I'll leave mine the way it is, as for the mirrors I checked out one site in Japan called Magical Racing but like you said the prices are pretty steep. If you hear of any new undertails please let me know. Thank You.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts