Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my first bike, a ninja 250 and i am looking at a helmet I live in London Ontario and I am wondering what saftey qualifications does my helmet need , such as d.o.t.

thanks

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
The first qualification is that the box reads heLmet and not hemet... otherwise you know something's wrong :lol:

What does DOT stand for? I see it written all over these boards and I know what it means... just curious as to what it stands for exactly!

·
ATGATT
2,227 Posts
The first qualification is that the box reads heLmet and not hemet... otherwise you know something's wrong :lol:

What does DOT stand for? I see it written all over these boards and I know what it means... just curious as to what it stands for exactly!
DOT...Dumb ol' Trademark?!

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
SNELL is my minimum recommendation if you can afford a helmet with that qualification.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I don't think snell is used anywhere but the USA
My Canadian AC-10 has Snell on the back of it.

We're pretty much America Junior anyway LOL. It would make sense to helmet manufacturers to market SNELL helmets here as the SNELL certification exceeds DOT anyway.

Canadian regs are just DOT. I think the added protection isn't too out of the ordinary though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts