Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Very pretty. Looks like fun. Some day I'd like to have one of those Ninjas to go alongside my Vulcan. It would be nice to have a cruiser and a sport bike, and be able to ride a bike that suits the mood :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you very much! I love this bike and it's the best thing that ever happand to me :D Yeah it's the one with the slipper clutch.
One of these days I'm going to get a cruiser, just not sure wich one.
Maybe a Rune ha ha ha :D :D :D

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
chinxican420 said:
It'll have to be a used one! I've read that the Rune is not gonna make an apperance in the future.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
spok said:
chinxican420 said:
It'll have to be a used one! I've read that the Rune is not gonna make an apperance in the future.

Yeah, thats what my girlfriend said. They are way over priced.
But the still look cool.

·
37,387 Posts
I agree to the looks...looks way better than that ugly Triumph rocket III

·
37,387 Posts
whats the weight of the Rune? I've heard it was heavy but have not seen the numbers. I'm on a 1500 classic and find its dry weight of 644 to be just about right for me...much more than that and I'd have a problem

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
chinxican420 said:
Thank you very much! I love this bike and it's the best thing that ever happand to me :D Yeah it's the one with the slipper clutch.
Isn't it nice to slam down a few gears and not worry about tire hop!

Is the slipper clutch quirky to get used to?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1Adam12 said:
chinxican420 said:

Well this is my first bike, so I don't know how other bikes feel. Some people say that it's not good to get to used to it. Because if I get a bike with out it, I might have problems.

What do you think.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
chinxican420 said:
1Adam12 said:
chinxican420 said:

Well this is my first bike, so I don't know how other bikes feel. Some people say that it's not good to get to used to it. Because if I get a bike with out it, I might have problems.

What do you think.
It's just a matter of style. If you got a bike that didn't have one, you could.

1. Add it on to the bike providing there is one available for it.
2. Just blip the throttle before downshifting like the rest of us do and make sure the speedbraking is not too high to lock up the rear tire.

On hard/fast downshifts I have had the back lock up for a sec..... no biggie, just another way to do it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
1Adam12 said:
chinxican420 said:
1Adam12 said:
chinxican420 said:

What do you think.
It's just a matter of style. If you got a bike that didn't have one, you could.

1. Add it on to the bike providing there is one available for it.
2. Just blip the throttle before downshifting like the rest of us do and make sure the speedbraking is not too high to lock up the rear tire.

On hard/fast downshifts I have had the back lock up for a sec..... no biggie, just another way to do it.
Thanks for the info.
Do you go riding allot? Maybe we can go riding sometime.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Awesome bike, isn't it!! :D

Looks just like mine, same year too! I've added the carbon fiber frame and swing arm sliders, carbon fiber tank guard and the tank slappers plastic tank protector. I wish I could change the stock exhaust pipe for a muzzy...maybe later...my wife would kill me if I spent anymore money!! :roll:

I'm also working on replacing the rear mud flap with a fender eliminator I got from eBay and I need to get rid of the front turn signals replacing them with flush mounts. :D

Awesome bike chinxican420! Stay safe!
Ed

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ZX6RRNewbie said:
Awesome bike, isn't it!! :D

Looks just like mine, same year too! I've added the carbon fiber frame and swing arm sliders, carbon fiber tank guard and the tank slappers plastic tank protector. I wish I could change the stock exhaust pipe for a muzzy...maybe later...my wife would kill me if I spent anymore money!! :roll:

I'm also working on replacing the rear mud flap with a fender eliminator I got from eBay and I need to get rid of the front turn signals replacing them with flush mounts. :D

Awesome bike chinxican420! Stay safe!
Ed
Thanks ZX6RRNewbie,

I just picked up a TwoBors exhaust, fender eleminator and frame sliders.
I want to get carbon fiber mirrors and rear hugger but it's too expensive right now. I'll post some more pices when I get a chance.

·
Registered
447 Posts
just picked up a TwoBors exhaust, fender eleminator and frame sliders.
:shock: WOW COOL!!! I wish I were rich like you! Just kidding! Don't forget to post some pictures! I'm always interested to see what other guys are doing to their 6R or 6RR's!

I've spent so much on gear (mine and my kids) that I'm going to have to wait for a while before I buy any more stuff for my bike! Though I am looking for a Scotts Damper and I just bought an AXIO backpack and a rear stand and some new lights and......

Awesome bike dude!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts