Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to these forums, this past weekend picked up a brand new 04 zx-6r, and gotta say it's sweet, been riding bikes for about five years, first bike was a 250 ninja, then went up to a gsx-r600, now finally came back to the ninja. Anyway, anyone know of some online places to get parts for a bike this new (aftermarket). Lockhart Phillips aint got much..yet. Any help is appreciated, thanks. :D
James

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
hey, witch do you like more the kawa or the gixxer? :)wink: :wink:)

try going on google and looking up after market undertails and such.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The gixxer had amazing torque for a 600, while now I haven't really gotten brave on the throttle yet, it's only got like 130 on the odometer now, trying to be nice for the first couple hundred miles. I feel that the ninja looks a lot meaner, stylish, feels lighter, more nimble in the turns. I'd say the only thing I don't like about it is the ergo's, it's one uncomfortable thing to ride, but I figure no one buys a crotch rocket for comfort. I'm a kawie enthusiast, but don't get me wrong, I do miss the gixxer, it was a great bike!

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
ya, the Zixxer (as i call it) has 120 HP, where as the 04 gixxer has 115. Once you get past about 8 or 9K you'll feel like you;ve lost your balls. Yes the ergos and more race oriented on the Zixxer, I've heard you can get risers for the clip-ons (some how. :lol: ) Anyway, I'm glad to hear about your purchase, and you gixxer :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts