Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a kz440 not too long ago. Problem is clutch lever has no pressure. This happened when I down-shifted. Any idea what went wrong? Cable is not frayed or broken. Please help.

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
It's hard to say with that little bit of info. There may be excessive cable slack. You may have to adjust it at the release lever on the engine or at the handle bar lever. A broken clutch spring could be a cause for no pressure.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got a '80 Kz440 that won't shift. No pressure on clutch lever. I replaced clutch cable thinking that would fix it. I had pressure on the clutch lever, put everything back together then I went to shift into neutral and I hear a "pop" sound, and now back to square one no pressure on the lever. What gives? I just changed the clutch actuator, no change. When I press on the clutch lever there is not enough pressure to move the actuator of the lever back. Is the clutch return spring supposed to be really tight (mine seems a little warped and loose)?Another thing, When the clutch cover is off with the actuator, everthing is fine with the lever having pressure. When I tighten the cover on the bike, the lever will not press down all the way or return.

·
Navy Vet Search & Rescue
8,842 Posts
Sounds like you have problems in the clutch with plate/springs/bolts. Might be time to pull the other cover and inspect the clutch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts