Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone. i was just beginning to start my motorcycle career. im 17 almost 18 in 3 months. already signed up for a msf class, and im looking into a used kawa 500r for $2999 at berts great mall( i think thats what its called) on azusa. i live in hacienda heights, ca. 91745. right next to turnbull canyon :-D.

it would be awesome if someone(s) could tell me more about the 500r through private messages or just on this post. i think this forum is pretty awesome and friendly. well i hope everyone has a nice day. bye

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I have no information on this bike, but welcome to the forum. Great place they got here! :)

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
welcome aboard

·
Registered
605 Posts
just punch in 500r in the search screen and you'll find more info than you really want

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
If I were buying from Bert's buyer beware. I was in to look at a Ducati 998 there and the salesman was a liar. I had previously had seen the bike and it had damage to its fairing and a few other parts. In the meantime Bert's fixed all those things and tried to tell me that it was never laid [email protected]#$%^&*( I called bull on the salesperson and he stuck to his tune. I asked a manager there and same so I walked away because I could not trust them.

If it were me buying the bike, I would have it checked out by another dealer prior to buying it or have them throw in a warranty to cover you for the same price.

They should have new tires, fluids, filter and new battery installed before you buy it. I would make them do it.... but thats just me.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hmm. thanks for the info adam. ill ask the salesperson about the stuff that u said should be included. thanks for welcoming me everyone :D

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
The 500r will be a great bike. Once you start to get the mod bug, you won't stop and will have plenty of weekend projects.

Break your mods down to:

1. Performance
2. Handling
3. Cosmetic

and figure if you have enough extra money as you go. As you grow into your bike and start to look for more performance - it's out there as they race these bikes! Just need a real good engine tuner that knows what they are doing or upgrade your bike at that point to another one.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
aiite thanks for the info. ill keep ya'll informed when i get my bike and how my classes went. thanks again

·
Registered
429 Posts
you will like the 500r. Its a great bike to learn on and is very forgiving. Its also a great beginner bike simply due to the fact that you wont grow out of it to fast. If you got a 250R, you would be happy with it for a few months, then would be bored of it and want a bigger bike. I plan on keeping my 500R at least until I graduate college (06) and get myself a GSXR 750, ZX-6R or r6 as a graduation present. I like this bike so much I might have to hang onto it as a second bike at that point, but only time will tell. Once you are confident and think you want bigger, jet it and add an exhaust. You won't believe the differance it makes. It will seem like you got yet another new bike.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts