Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey!
I just started riding, got my motorcycle 10 days ago.
Already logged 600mi on it, and figured I would join an online forum.
It's just a '07 500 Vulcan, a basic starter bike, loving it:biggrin:

So hello!
Look forward to chatting with ya all.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks!
I took the MSF course before I got my bike, did alot of research and chose the 500 because I figured I was better off getting something small and moving up rather then starting big and moving down.

Only photo I have right now is 2 days after I got it. Parked it at a friend's for about 2 hrs, came outside and it had started snowing and it was covered!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah the forecast didn't call for bad weather so I didn't bring my cover with me. Learned that lesson REALLY quick..

Even better was driving in that stuff, I learned more in 45 minutes then the MSF course ever taught me..

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hey!
I just started riding, got my motorcycle 10 days ago.
Already logged 600mi on it, and figured I would join an online forum.
It's just a '07 500 Vulcan, a basic starter bike, loving it:biggrin:

So hello!
Look forward to chatting with ya all.
It's not just a 500 Vulcan, It IS a 500 Vulcan.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Good on you for the MSF!

I can ride mine year round here (VA). It is my daily ride to work. There was one morning... was not light yet... there was just the tiniest fine flurry of snow. It was the most awesome thing to be riding thru that. Beautiful. Like flying past stars.

Brian

·
Registered
152 Posts
THANK YOU for pointing that out!!! JUST a Vulcan 500 - gotta go to the garage and cover her poor ears!! Welcome, and great bike. Hoping to get a few more rides in before I have to - gulp! - do you-know-what for the winter...........

·
We need a Sarcasm Font!
3,864 Posts
Greetings from the Pacific Northwest! Welcome to the Asylum!

And they're right, nothing is EVER "just a" around here!!! :)

·
Hardcore Poser
151 Posts
THANK YOU for pointing that out!!! JUST a Vulcan 500 - gotta go to the garage and cover her poor ears!! Welcome, and great bike. Hoping to get a few more rides in before I have to - gulp! - do you-know-what for the winter...........
Man that's why I love Texas, I don't have to you-know-what for the winter.:biggrin: sorry had to rub it in.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lol, loving it.
Sorry, my dad and friend's give me crap cause I bought a 500 "non-rocket" so I tend to not think of it as a pimp bike. But, I love it. 1300mi already. It's getting cold though, my 5hr on her today got me chilled. Serves me right for only wearing a jacket when it was 50..

Thanks for the warm welcomes, and I am learning a ton from reading all the old threads. Maintenance on the chain was, well, not easy for me, haha..

·
nu2kawi
2,707 Posts
when they say cover your bike in winter, I don't think they mean with snow. don't be ashamed of what bike you ride, at least you ride, it's a start.

·
Line rider
326 Posts
Lol, loving it.
Sorry, my dad and friend's give me crap cause I bought a 500 "non-rocket"
Oh how little they know about Vulcan 500. Get some more miles on your experience meter then find a nice long stretch of road and hold on to 2nd or 3rd gear a little longer, let those rpms climb and you will know what I mean by hold on. :smile:

Be safe out there.

·
The Bassman Rocketh
25,244 Posts
Two wheels on the road - that's what counts! Sounds like you are already having fun - shoots us some pics when it isn't "covered" :)

·
Registered
264 Posts
You just needs a one piece suit :) I'm still working at keeping the fingers toasty. It's always something :)

Brian

·
Crazy Old Guy
1,189 Posts
Congrats on your bike and 'right on' for riding in that white stuff! Ahh, you never forget your first . . .

1 - 20 of 22 Posts