Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 1996 Ninja ZX600C, and I thought I would register an account on these forums.

I have one quick question that I couldn't find the answer to anywhere. How does the helmet lock work? I know this seems like a stupid question, but im stumped :X Any replies would be appreciated :D

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Hello and welcome! Any pics of your ride?

A for your question I'm not sure which kind you have. Mine is just a hook under the passenger seat that you hook through your helmet buckle and then close the seat down on top of.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just bought it so i dont have any nice pictures yet.

Also i would just like to add Rain + Bald rear tires = not fun

I just got my license today(have riden alot before though) and ironically i was on my way to the insurance office, and wam bam pushed the rear break to hard on the wet road and i took a little slip-and-slide. So i probably slid about 20 or so feet, and surprisingly, no injuries, AT ALL!! Seemed almost to good to be true, until I looked at the left fairing on my bike. :( Wasnt to bad, just some scrapes but nothing to worry about. So i guess i just got lucky this time :D Now I will definitely NOT ride in the rain again, or get a new rear tire, but still, no rain for me thank you very much.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Ouch! well at least your ok, but i'd look into getting some new tires asap.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea definitely. any clue of a cheap place to find tires? as you can see im kinda new to the bike scene :p

·
Premium Member
2,408 Posts
Yeah.... DONT GET CHEAP TIRES.... its the only thing between you and the road.

It may seem stupid, but even to a novice rider... tires make a HUGE diff. on confidence and performance, not to mention forgiveness to stupid mistakes.

·
Spinach Eating Moderator
22,962 Posts
Welcome, post up some pics of you and your bike when you get the chance. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts