Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well first off, what do you think would be a good price for a complete 89 600R roller (minus engine + plastics)?

Also, when my 600R motor was shipped to me it fell forward on the pallet and put a little crack in the valve cover (think epoxy/or JB-weld would fix this little crack?)

And also when it fell forward it cracked one of the cam holders (one of the 6 that have a threaded hole to bolt the valve cover to) any idea where i can get another one? i checked the Kawasaki Parts Fiche and couldnt find it :(

and this one i just found cracked :( stupid DHL

Anyhow, i just CANT find a part number. :eek:

and what is a good oil to run in the 600r?

TIA guys!

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
Re: Hey guys a couple of questions about 89 600R *pics added

tissan said:
Well first off, what do you think would be a good price for a complete 89 600R roller (minus engine + plastics)? not a whole lot maybe 500$ :roll:

Also, when my 600R motor was shipped to me it fell forward on the pallet and put a little crack in the valve cover (think epoxy/or JB-weld would fix this little crack?) -clean it with ether and put a nice thin coat of JB-WELD on it. let it dry for DAYS. preperation is the key.

And also when it fell forward it cracked one of the cam holders (one of the 6 that have a threaded hole to bolt the valve cover to) any idea where i can get another one? i checked the Kawasaki Parts Fiche and couldnt find it :( and this one i just found cracked -ya didnt look hard enough cause they should have it. also might want to check with www.ronayers.com www.bikebandit.com and your local dealer

and what is a good oil to run in the 600r? -i run YAMALUBE in my bikes along with a STOCK filter (no aftermarket filters no much how cheaper)

TIA guys!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks alot QKENUF4U, i accutally ended up paying 185 shipped for the whole roller :D

Other then missing most the bolts and the gas tank is dented its not to bad.

TA

1 - 3 of 3 Posts