Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Hey, new guy here

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  fotocycle 
#1 ·
Hey all,

I found this site last night and have now signed up. I bought a '94 EX500 last September, and have been riding steadily since early October. Riding everyday (I don't bother with a car), I've already ridden over 7000 miles. It's my second bike, but the first one - an old Suzuki cruiser I bought dirt cheap - never ran well enough to ride. It's been a long hard road to get to this point - I didn't even know how to ride a bicycle till last July - but every mile I ride makes it all worth it all over again.

You can check out the ride at my site, www.gabriel-diaz.com/Paddock.htm - just a personal site about the bike (I'll add a link to this site with my next update!). It's got a few mods, will soon have an ignition advancer, and maybe a new paint job. I may skip the paint and put the money toward a ZX-6R or a ZZR-600 in several months.

Um, lesseee.... I'm a photographer, mostly working with models and shooting news, and I'm a student - went back to college to finally get my degree. Also have a Dreary Day Job at a warehouse. I spend a lot of time on the road, going to and fro, but that's been a good thing ever since I got the Ninja :D

That's 'nuff outta me...

Gabriel

See less See more
#6 ·
my wife looked like that once......

Them bikes do get girls. my wife looked like that once... :? I assume no one got heart in the accident . That is good.But at the risk of sounding like a old fart and giving addvice without being asked; take a MSF safty course if you haven't all ready done so. I tought myself to ride also.Almost killed myself in the first 15 min. The MSF course saved my life more than once. glad to meet you. Keep taking photos of two of my faverit things. girls and bikes.....God bless....Mack

#7 ·
re

nice shots foto :shock: we don't have anything walking around our track like that,
good thing prolly-no one would pay attention to the light tree :lol:

i dabbled in photography a few years back but the subjects were of a different nature
mostly muscle cars and hot rods-but when digital imaging came along i quite-good equipment
was just too pricey-rather buy a new bike :lol: :wink:

#8 ·
Mack, good to meet you too 8) I actually took the MSF course twice - the first time, I didn't yet know how to ride a bicycle, so you can guess how that went (failed by second exercise: go in first gear, and put feet on pegs). I bought a mountain bike at Wally World that same day, and taught myself how to ride it, getting tips from a few people.

A month later, I retook the MSF, and got all the way to the second day. Got 100% on the written, but due to a bad lack of sleep and inexperience on two wheels, I droped the bike about three times over the weekend. I did go through all but the last couple of exercises, so found the RiderCoach instructions and diagrams and practiced on my own. Eventually did the DMV thing and now have an M.

I didn't get hurt in the accident - thanks to the MSF course :) It happened at low speed, and I was scanning as always. Saw the idiot coming (kid driving mommy's SUV), swerved as far as I could, braked, then swerved some more. I only got toppled over because the idiot changed lanes right into me at a really bad angle to avoid. Got enough money to fix the bike at a shop, get new rear brake pads, Pirelli tires, and an Icon tankbag.

bikeaholic, most of the girl shots aren't mine, unless you're looking at the local bike show pics. I have a real nice set to put up, but I shot it for a local bike mag and they may not want me to post them before they publish them.

Digital got a lot cheaper in the last couple of years - I just bought my first digital SLR, a Canon D30. But used, two years old, and "outdated", it still cost $750 :shock:

Check out www.gabriel-diaz.com for my own photography :eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.