Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
i'm 21, live in oregon right now, moving Back to phoenix in 4 weeks. i just bought a 1990 kawasaki zx750, and ended up the vin is grinded off the frame, so i called the police and everything in oregon and they couldn't care less (very helpfull eh!), in thier words `you have a clear title in your name so we're happy, thats between you and the AZ dmv` why thank you, useless cops! Anyways so i bought this bike and it seems as though the bike is probably stolen yet it came with a plate/title that were clean/clear when the state police ran em. so i'm having a delima as to wether i want to put my time/effort/money in to fixing it up, as you will see below, it's....well rough is a nice wording, thats how i bought it, i already bought what i beleive is the correct front fairing for it off ebay. AZ tells me i just need to go to a level 2 vin inspection and they're verify and give it a new vin, but if it is stolen then i guess it goes bye bye? really sucky situation to make a long story short, but anyways i'm Al, Hi!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh yeah and also the oil is the nicest milkshake i've ever seen! so i'm figuring i'll take the nice rolling shell to the vin inspection while i work on the motor, then if they want to take it (in the event that it is stolen), they get a rolling chassis!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Hey, if Oregon says it is a clean and clear title, register it there first. Then you have a new clean title in your name when you move to Arizona. You will be out the money for registering it in Oregon, but should be easier in Arizona.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i already got the title in my name and have clean and clear, But arizona, when transferring a vehicle from a different state, to arizona, they require an inspection :( if i were staying in oregon i'd be fine, and technically i could sell it in oregon with no problems, but i don't feel that'd be right, even though it was done to me.

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
dude you dont seem to have understood mine and ZX10GUYS responses to your other threads. if the #'s that match are visible on the frame and the title then your set to go. if i remember right arizona will actually issue you a new #plate to pop-rivet onto your bike with the new vin # if they find a problem with yours. you know its not stolen so quit worrying about it. :wink: change the oil and get the bike running before you come down. that way you can go thru emissions etc. and have a bike to ride when you get here. we are in our winter temps right now and riding cant be better (70's) :wink:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
actually i think it is stolen, thats the problem heh. i'm not sure if that one letter is B or a G my brain said a B but thats prob. because thats whats on the title.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
90zx750 said:
actually i think it is stolen, thats the problem heh. i'm not sure if that one letter is B or a G my brain said a B but thats prob. because thats whats on the title.
Most states have some type of inspection set up for incoming vehicles. If you have the original bill of sale and you have the title (you do) then you should be fine in Arizona. The fact that Oregon has already registered the bike is probably good enough for Az. Just make sure you are current on registration and present your title to the Az DMV.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts