Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, im just over 15 1/2 and am about to buy my first bike in 2-5 months. I just need some opinions on what my first bike should be.

The Ninja 250 is my first choice, due to the fact that its small, saki's retain value so i can sell it for a better bike in a few years, and that it can haul @$$ for a 250cc bike. The thing i wanted to know about these is if the year on them really mattered, because i like the look of the 04's and 05's best.

My next choice is the CBR600F4i. I know its 600cc and is way to much for a beginning rider, but ive heard mixed reviews of this.

Thanks for any opinions.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Very minimal changes between 88-05 with the main exception being graphics. May I highly recommend you get checked into a MSF course for instruction and save some money for gear.

Did you have any thoughts into your helmet, gloves etc?

·
Registered
28 Posts
250 is a nice choice.

What kind of riding gear you getting?

After you get a riders course and licensed for the street, look for some trackdays in your area.
Race track is a great place to get comfortable on a motorcycle.

Craig

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep, im going to be taking the CMSP, its basically the MSF, its founded by them. Im thinking about the Joe Rocket stuff. I really like there stuff. By the time i get ready to buy the bike ill have enough money for their stuff. I'll also be buying a Shoei helmet.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Be honest with yourself. Which would you be able to handle. I would say the F4i looks WAY better and would last longer. But do you think you could be responsable with it? Personaly I think that most people who ask what they should get ARE responsable. Like I said though, be honest with yourself. For your first bike I would also recomend getting a used one. Just about everyone drops their first bike. You'll be a lot less mad at yourself.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, i was thinking about an 03' or an 02' used. Plus i only have to pay for half the bike, so if i could get an 02 or an 03 for 1000 then id only have to pay 500, which leaves more room for gear. :D

·
Motorcycle Momma
839 Posts
Hurricane,

Welcome to the forum. Ditto on what the guys are saying, especially taking the MSF course. BIkes are lots of fun....you will be hooked for LIFE :lol:

There are lots of used bikes up on EBay. So look around up there for the kind of bike you like..... it will give you an idea on how much they are going for. You can find some good deals up there if you look. Bought my two Kawis up there for $700 and $1050...both were in mint condition and with less an 10,000 miles.

Heather

·
Motorcycle Momma
839 Posts
Hurricane,

Good luck on finding a bike. Let us know when you do!!!!!

Heather

·
Registered
134 Posts
The insurance on a 600cc sportbike for a 16 year old is going to be extremely expensive. You will learn more on the 250 than you rwould on the 600 - then you can move upo to the 600 and not even wreck it! 8)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts