Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.......definitely ******* but not always last words!!!! I've been a member of this site with my Vulcan 1500A since January '07 and I cruise through here every day to keep up with all the good people and their words of wisdom. I know my post count doesn't reflect that, but I learn more by listening. I bought my '07 Candy Fire Red V2K Classic new in September '09 at a ridiculous price and let me tell you...there is no looking back. I've owned a few other brands/types, ridden friends bikes and demoed many but so far, nothing compares to this Baby. I have a street/strip '72 Nova with a big block that my Son and I affectionately call "The Beast" due to its " Git in..Sit down..Shut up..Hold on " nature. I think this also applies to the V2K but I git on instead of in...you get the picture !!!!!! Take a look and let me know what you think.

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Pat....I found the tag to be appropriate cause thats what riding has always done for me...I "chill"....best nerve pill I know of.

I just noticed US Navy Vet....US Army here...just thought I'd say thanks for your service..My Grandfather,who recently passed away, was a WWII Navy Vet...Pearl Harbor too. Those old Navy stories have always fascinated me.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks V2K CCTX......and thanks for your service also!!! I had a brother in law stationed in San Antonio with the Air Force...now thats a fun town.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mods......

So far.....Scootworks Phat II risers
Kury ISO grips w/ extended throttle boss
Kury heel-toe shift peg covers
Kury brake pedal cover
Showchrome passenger backrest w/ luggage rack
Showchrome tag relocation bracket w/ LED bolts
Showchrome radiator cover
Showchrome regulator cover
Jardine passenger floorboards
I recently ordered and received HardKrome Sideburners 2into1 exhaust but had to return them due to a bent flange. While waiting for my credit, I changed my mind and ordered the Cobra Power Pro HP 2into1.....I just like the rear exit better. My Kury hi-way brackets w/ small ISO pegs should be here any day now but its anyones guess on the exhaust.........like I stated in an earlier thread...I HAVE GOT TO STOP;) but I know I wont......STEVE

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hey Pinball just curious as to what times your 72 Nova runs. I sold my everyday and only driver that I hammered on for about 6 years. It was a 71 Nova that I built a 400sbc, turbo 350-3500stall, and a 3:73 posi rear end. I would put the tires on it and drive it to Houston Raceway Park. It would run consistent 11.60's with a 1.64 - 60' time. I have built and owned 5 of those old Novas and I love them old cars and bikes.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey Pinball just curious as to what times your 72 Nova runs. I sold my everyday and only driver that I hammered on for about 6 years. It was a 71 Nova that I built a 400sbc, turbo 350-3500stall, and a 3:73 posi rear end. I would put the tires on it and drive it to Houston Raceway Park. It would run consistent 11.60's with a 1.64 - 60' time. I have built and owned 5 of those old Novas and I love them old cars and bikes.
72 Nova-3300 LBS with driver
Fifth 3rd Gen I've owned
461 Big Block
GM Oval port heads port matched
Crane Gold 1.7 Roller Rockers
Lunati Solid Camshaft
Edelbrock 454-0 Victor Jr. intake
Holley 830 HP
Davis DUI HEI with LIVEWIRES
Full 3" Torque Tech H-pipe exhaust with Flowmaster Delta Flow mufflers

TH-350 with manual valve body
TCI 10" converter-3000 stall

GM 12-Bolt posi with 4.11 gear
CE slapper bars
CE adjustable drag shocks

TRACK-Mickey Thompson ET DRAG slicks on 7" ralleys
STREET-BF Goodrich Radial T/A's.....no traction!!!!!!!!

BEST 60'-1.55
1/8-7.20
mph-97
1/4-unavailable but converts to 11.20's

Recent changes.... 0.060 overbore, forged Mahle pistons with 28cc dome, Pro Comp aluminum heads, forged RPM crank and h-beam rods, Holley 950 HP, upgrade from Streetfighter to SuperStreetfighter convertor. I plan to add a small shot of spray after break-in.
These changes should turn the wick up a bit if I don't blow the tires off !!! With MSD timing retard and 93 octane fuel, I can drive it anywhere other than the highway.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.