Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok well I have been riding for about 4 months now and my appointment is just around the corner. What I would like to know is what I should practice before the test?

Stop and go? Whats the proper technique. Both feet firmly planted on the ground when stopped? I know that you should use you feet as least as possible correct?

Any thing else?

Thanks in advance,

Vaedyn

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Put your feet down when its time to, don't have them off the pegs too much, and make sure you are constantly checking for cross traffic even if you have the right of way, they look for that big time. Just don't worry too much about it, its not too hard.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I'd practice some slow turns and do small figure 8's. Usually you can practice at the DMV after they go home and if that is possible I would run their course.

·
Registered
605 Posts
yeah, left foot off, then right foot off because your right foot should be stopping the bike along with the front brake, never put your feet on the ground unless it's at a stop, if told to do figure 8's in a 20 foot rectangle you shoudl be able to do those no prob

turn bars all the way left or right, turn head all the way left or right and find your spot, give just a little throttle, little rear brake if needed and a little clutch play

·
Registered
429 Posts
Here was the extent of my road test:
-Went strait....made a left at a light
-left at next light
-pulled over
-instructor got out of the following car and said "do 2 tight circles to the right, two to the left, then a figure 8 back into a circle to the right all in one smooth motion"
-instructor got back into car and said go back to start point
-handed me my temp license and said i did very well
-all over with about 3 minutes of actually driving

1 - 5 of 5 Posts