Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.Danny Muckelroy here in Sunny N.Myrtle Beach S.C. :) Most think southern calif but i'm here in south carolina.
Been drag racing for 28 years and still going.I've turboed just about everything i own.LOL.After all it is free power.
Started out with old Bill Blake kit and a 76 kz900.Have chatted with the late Elmer Trett about some ideas years before some actually came out with them.
We used to race each other in match races in farmington N.C. and Commerce GA.
Have owned just about every bike out there except the Turbine powered jet bike.$100,000 plus.Hopefully i can be of some help to any needing high perf questions answered.
Nice to be here......Into restoreing some old vintage bikes...Hope some here can be of some help to me. :wink:
Laterrrr all...

·
Registered
8 Posts
welcome Danny, I live about 45 miles west of Farmington dragway. Been to the farm many times. Enjoy the forum.

·
I miss you, Deron
19,783 Posts
Hi Danny. Great to have you aboard. I'm sure you'll get lots of questions. You might be sorry you offered. :)

I have lots of questions about improving the performance of my Vulcan 1500 Classic FI, but I'll hold them until you get used to us. Don't want to scare you away, and I can't do anything until spring, anyway. :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Welcome ! :cool: I have a friend that likes to play with turbo's as well. ;-) He has a 560hp Busa, soon to be 650 with the new kit. Just set a new Canadian record for fastest street bike on Canadian soil. Check out his site if you like....
http://www.rccturbos.com/
Here, I'll start the questions. ;-) What would you suggest for the cheapest route to Turbo my ZX-7R? Or is there a cheap way? :?

Take Care, Cheesy!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fuel inj/Carb??

You could go with a draw threw carb sys and save some $$$.However is a little naggy during cold weather.Fuel inj is a little more $$$ but there are instant warm ups so to say and are a little more efficent.Also on the 7's there has been much success with a spacer plate to lower the comp ratio as opposed to new pistons.The crank in the 7 is pretty strong.Should be good for up to 12-15 lbs of boost.
Mrturbo.com/AKA Terry Kizer has either kit for that bike.Terry and i go way back.
This winter hopefully my budweiser sponsorship will go through.Hopeing to build close to 2000 hp top fueler..Stay tuned...Later my friend.

·
Registered
15 Posts
nitroturbo4u said:
You could go with a draw threw carb sys and save some $$$.However is a little naggy during cold weather.Fuel inj is a little more $$$ but there are instant warm ups so to say and are a little more efficent.Also on the 7's there has been much success with a spacer plate to lower the comp ratio as opposed to new pistons.The crank in the 7 is pretty strong.Should be good for up to 12-15 lbs of boost.
Mrturbo.com/AKA Terry Kizer has either kit for that bike.Terry and i go way back.
This winter hopefully my budweiser sponsorship will go through.Hopeing to build close to 2000 hp top fueler..Stay tuned...Later my friend.
Thanks for the info. and tips. I'll have to check his site out. Good luck with the BIG Sponsorship !!! Would love to see your 2000hp up for next year!!

Later, Cheesy!

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have 3 turbo cars...no turbo motorcycles though. I have a 92 Mittsu 3000GT VR4, (twin turbo,AWD) 92 Stealth RT/TT, Eclipse single turbo AWD. Glad to have you on the forum!

·
Registered
837 Posts
met a guy in san antonio while i was installing a turbo on my truck .he has a nice costum painted 1500 vulcan and he was saying he wanted to turbo his bike and i told him bout our site and your post danny so im waiting for him to sign up and ask you some questions....later...bud8

·
RIP Deron Harden :-(
32,545 Posts
Lori03Ninja500R said:
I have 3 turbo cars...no turbo motorcycles though. I have a 92 Mittsu 3000GT VR4, (twin turbo,AWD) 92 Stealth RT/TT, Eclipse single turbo AWD. Glad to have you on the forum!
i'm impressed, nice group of cars you've got

1 - 11 of 11 Posts