Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, im not new to bikes but am new to this forum. I cant seem to figure this one out.i have a 1996 zx6r that in great condtion.i dont ride this bike much. i went to start it yesterday and it started and then died and woulnd start again. im getting air,fuel,spark,and comprasion. but i cant get it to start.

I had my brother kids over and caught them playing on it:mad: , his squart admitted to playing with the ide screw:eek: and thats when it wouldnt start. where do i set the idle screw

·
Navy Vet Search & Rescue
8,842 Posts
Turn it in quite a ways until you can get the bike started. Then adjust it back down as the bike warms up. Once the engine is at normal operating temp you should be able to adjust it back to a normal idle and be done with it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay Thanks To All That Hepled,(stargate) I Went Home On Lunch And Just Turned It Untill It Stoped And Just Moved It A Bit Everytime And About Three Turns Into It It Fired.thanks All(stargate).

The Funny Part Is I Tried This The First Day And Couldnt Get It To Fire.i Wonder Why?????

And The Sad Part Is My Nephu Got His *** Kicked Over It. Poor Little Guy, Gonna Have To Take Him Riding To Make Up For It.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts