Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone again
not had a big lot to tell you over these winter months
bike has been kept under wraps in my garage
hopefully in the next few weeks it might be dry enough to get the ol gal
fired up again
my wife treated me to a new all singing all dancing digital camera
so hopefully i will soon be able to post some pics of my bike again
have to get her all polished up first [ thebike that is not the wife :grin: ]hope you are all keeping well in this forum and im looking forward to a new biking season
im beginning to pine for the open roads again

cheers all
smokeyh2

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
glad to hear from you again smokey. I have to tell you that my bike is out in the garage these days too with a sad look on it waiting for good weather to reemerge

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Smokey, I've not met ya before.... Glad to meet ya now! I own an 85' Kawi 700 LTD that I'm trying to get repaired and back on the road again. Hope to see ya more on here!
Chromequeen :)

·
Registered
439 Posts
Hey Smokey! ........... and btw, chromequeen, how is the bike comin? Haven't heard any news lately.

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Hey Alex, Thanks for asking! She's coming right along... Took the carbs off last week and cleaned them up really well, and then the next project is getting a helicoil put in. Hopefully that will go well and I'll hear her roar to life again! Truthfully though, I was beginning to question my abilities and backed off from the project out of fear. I'm not giving up, I'm just really concerned about getting shavings down in the head so I'm trying to gain confidence before I attempt that one. I did promise my husband that I'd complete the last room in our house that needs to be tiled before I do that though. SO...... that gives me something to work toward as well. He works tons of hours, and I'm constantly doing something in the way of decorating. But ever since I got the Kawi for Christmas, that project has fallen by the way-side. You'll hear my screams when she roars to life again I'm sure! And if I don't disappear for a week on her.... :razz: then I'll be posting the big news on the forum!
Take Care, and I'll let ya know.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Chromequeen.... i admire your patience and perseverance... i would be goin crazy by now :smile: I'm glad to hear you are making good progress and haven't given up!!! Good job !

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
Chromequeen said:
Truthfully though, I was beginning to question my abilities and backed off from the project out of fear. .
Don't doubt yourself ChromeQueen...have confidence in your ability to make it happen. I find myself in doubt when it comes to simple things like installing a light bar but when I think about it, I do have the know-how to get it done....I'm with ya

·
RIP Deron Harden :-(
32,545 Posts
smokeyh2 said:
my wife treated me to a new all singing all dancing digital camera
so hopefully i will soon be able to post some pics of my bike again
have to get her all polished up first [ thebike that is not the wife :grin: ]

cheers all
smokeyh2
welcome back Smokey. my bike is in pieces, so i may just have to polish up the wife till it gets warmer ! not really sure what compound to use, anyone have any ideas ? should i use a buffer, or will it ruin the finish ?

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Spok, Alex, Trike,
Thanks for the support, and the "I'm with ya" 's, as if it weren't for everyone on here I couldn't have done it. I'm serious. Just when I feel like giving up, I think "Wait a second! I've got people on the forum that have invested time and energy, and lots of knowledge into getting this bike on the road. I can't let them down, or "Sassy"! :wink:
And yes Trike, I do hear her crying from the garage, and I want to cry everytime I go out there!
But she'll be back on the road soon, and I'll have lots of you to thank!
Chromequeen :grin:

·
Registered
439 Posts
CQ.... i wish I had some vast knowledge and experience to pass on to you too, but I think you know alot more about working on bikes than I do. Teach me someday? :)

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Well, I'm learning because I've always had a passion for bikes.... As for the teaching, I'd hold off on that request until you hear me screaming from FL, "She's alive!!! Wahhhhhh!"

·
Motorcycle Momma
839 Posts
Greeting Everyone,

Got insomnia tonight.....can't sleep. Its 24F and blustery outside right now.
Thought I would come up and see whats happening. Chrome Queen and I have been in pretty regular contact these last couple of weeks. I am excited for her and her new journey into motorcycling!!!!!! She reminds me of myself about 30 years ago when I bought my first bike :grin:

I am happy that everyone is here to support that enthusiasum as well as any other newcomer into motorcycles.

Heather

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
Hello smokeyh2! :)

Chromequeen will get it done.....one way or another. :)

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Thanks for those votes of confidence! Yeppers, I am telling Sassy that this morning. I give myself 2 more weeks. If it takes me longer than that, I won't be around to worry about riding! j/k, but man this sucks!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts