Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I've been loitering at ninja250 site for the last year or so, but now have gotten myself an Eliminator 400 off a mate and ended up here.

Be gentle!

·
Little AL
271 Posts
Welcome aboard! I'm sure you'll enjoy this site. There are lots of great people and a vast pool of experience to help answer any questions you might have. Just don't get sucked into the donkey cult. :eek:

·
BACK ON TWO WHEELS
13,542 Posts
welcome from accross the Bigger pond

·
MaNaMaNa DoDoDoDoDo
4,767 Posts
Welcome, EF. Now you just have to post pics of your ride.

·
Loud Pipes Keep Me Awake
1,648 Posts
Kyoto? Cool place. We like pictures. Usually we ask for pictures of your bike, but in your case I think pictures of Kyoto would be just as good.:wink:

·
Crazed Zed-head
2,076 Posts
Kyoto? Cool place. We like pictures. Usually we ask for pictures of your bike, but in your case I think pictures of Kyoto would be just as good.:wink:
Even better would be pics of kimono clad Kyoto ladies.:p

Oh, welcome to BTK!

·
2007 900 Classic
2,517 Posts
I live in Misawa for 3 years (1997-2003)and loved it. I became addicted to Georgia coffee and Procari sweat (yes sweat not sweet) anyway welcome and post pics or we will not believe you own a bike.

·
Crazed Zed-head
2,076 Posts
I live in Misawa for 3 years (1997-2003)and loved it. I became addicted to Georgia coffee and Procari sweat (yes sweat not sweet) anyway welcome and post pics or we will not believe you own a bike.
Google "Maruta Shoten, Seattle" Its a small Japanese market (about the same size as a Japanese neighborhood supermarket) in Georgetown, just north of Boeing Field. IIRC its the Michigan Ave exit off I-5 you want.They usually stock Georgia Coffee and Pocari Sweat. If they don't have it, Uwajimaya recently opened a branch market in Renton, save you from having to go to the Intl District or Bellevue.

Plus, I feel Maruta has much better (and cheaper) bento's than Uwajimaya.

·
2007 900 Classic
2,517 Posts
Google "Maruta Shoten, Seattle" Its a small Japanese market (about the same size as a Japanese neighborhood supermarket) in Georgetown, just north of Boeing Field. IIRC its the Michigan Ave exit off I-5 you want.They usually stock Georgia Coffee and Pocari Sweat. If they don't have it, Uwajimaya recently opened a branch market in Renton, save you from having to go to the Intl District or Bellevue.

Plus, I feel Maruta has much better (and cheaper) bento's than Uwajimaya.
Cool I will have to check it out it is only a few minutes from my work, if traffic is light.

·
Loud Pipes Keep Me Awake
1,648 Posts
Cool I will have to check it out it is only a few minutes from my work, if traffic is light.
If you finish work late enough you can catch the daily bento boxes for cheap. I think they go for half off after four or five pm.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I had to Google Misawa :p I had heard of it, but never been as far East/North as Aomori. I've been to every prefecture West of there though. Maybe when its warmer, if I still have the Eliminator, will see if it will make it to the top of Hokkaido!

We're moving to Okinawa sometime this year. As beautiful as Kyoto is, there's just not enough keeping me here as opposed to the tropical weather on Oki :lol:

Seems to be a lot of riders in Okinawa, including quite a few of the military guys, so planning to get another offroader/MX bike and learn some more skills there.

There are 1,000 sports drinks here now, not just Pocari Sweat, funny Kit Kat here released a flavour called "Sports Drink Flavour" <-- they didn't even align with any brand names :(

Canned coffee is good stuff here, a couple of hot cans in your pants in winter is nice while riding :mrgreen:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts