Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!My name is Chris and I am from Oklahoma.I need some help with something that may be impossible.My dad had a kawasaki when I was little.I have a couple pics,one with me on it when I was just a few years old.He died when I was seven.I am going to try everything I can to see if I can find that bike and restore it.All I have to go on so far is his name though.I am trying to find out a VIN number or something.I am also going to go to my mother's house to dig through old stuff and see if there is any old paperwork.Anyway,if anyone has any ideas or comments please let me know.
Thanks alot,
Chris

·
Registered
741 Posts
Unless you can find some paper work or a VIN number I haven't a clue as to how you can track the bike. If all else fails maybe you could locate a bike of the same year & model to buy and restore if necessary. It won't be the same of course, but could be a fair substitute remembrance.

·
Motorcycle Momma
839 Posts
chrisburns,

Welcome to the forum.. Good luck in your search. Most people don't keep their records that long, so you may not find it....hot shoe cv has the right idea.....put up a pic of the bike and someone should be able to tell what model and year it is.....lots of good information up here.

Older vintage bike are sometime available on EBay or cycle trader....

Heather

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone!I will get pics up here as soon as possible to see what everyone thinks.And yes,I can do another exact bike if it ends that way.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Welcome Chris,Glad to have ya! About what year were you in the picture with the bike? Kenny in North Carolina....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I found a pic of the bike.It has a little me on it.I am probably 3 years old.My mom isn't positive but the bike is 76to78.She is almost certain not 76 though.It is a 750.Pic shows a full side view.I will get it copied and try to post it tonight if I can figure out how.lol.

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
Chris....Good luck with your search.....and Welcome! :)

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hi Chris

Id love to see that bike when your done. You might want to pay a visit to the department of Motor Vehicles in the town you lived in at the time and you may be able to get some information from the insurance company. Its worth a try. Check with the local police department. they may have issued a summons on that bike at that time. Good Luck

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks everyone.I am having to try to resize my pic.It is too big.Hopefully I will have it up soon.I emailed the tag office where it was tagged at.Gonna look for other places.I doubt if the place he bought it would have any record that far back.

·
Motorcycle Momma
839 Posts
that looks a lot like my 81 KZ550A, but my finders are not crome and my tank is squarer. I think the picture is a late model 78 or early 79 .My brother's 80 750 LTD has the same tank and finders and it was built in late 79.

·
Motorcycle Momma
839 Posts
contenued.... also the wire spoked wheels are the same as his 80 . LTD's also had king, queen seats . The county clerks office from your dads home town might be able to help you find records of your dads bike. Sorry about the spelling. Heather is not here to spell check. Anyway hope this helps some.
Mack

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for posting it for me freakinout.Thanks Ningagirl for all your help.You like that pic?The one and only underwear modeling of my career.lol.IU know it is older than an 80 model because I was 7 in 1980 and lived in another city,etc...lol.I think I am 3 in the pic and I was born Dec. of 73.Not possitive though.I was thinkin a 77 or 78.But I don't know that bike to be able to look at it and say the year.It is a KZ750 though.I'm still trying to find more info on it.I looked at some on e-bay but none of them have that flat of a seat.Should that be something I even worry about?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts