Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!My name is Chris and I am from Oklahoma.I need some help with something that may be impossible.My dad had a kawasaki when I was little.I have a couple pics,one with me on it when I was just a few years old.He died when I was seven.I am going to try everything I can to see if I can find that bike and restore it.All I have to go on so far is his name though.I am trying to find out a VIN number or something.I am also going to go to my mother's house to dig through old stuff and see if there is any old paperwork.Anyway,if anyone has any ideas or comments please let me know.
Thanks alot,
Chris

·
Registered
44 Posts
Have you made any progress with finding the bike?
I really would like to hear how this turned out for you.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I was browsing through the old posts and saw this one.
It looks very interesting to me. I just lost my dad not too long ago so I can relate.

·
Guitar nerd
3,542 Posts
therealSnafoo said:
I was browsing through the old posts and saw this one.
It looks very interesting to me. I just lost my dad not too long ago so I can relate.
Thats terrible,sorry to hear about your loss Snafoo. Made any progress on the 250 lately?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thanks, it's been tough.

Well I'm still gathering parts to put the frontend back as it should be.
I pulled the carb and cleaned it out but haven't gotten it back on the bike yet. I'll get it done this weekend and fire her up again. In all I'm pleased with my purchase no matter what wifey says. I'll let you in on a little secret. This is going to be her bike when I'm all done.:wink:

When I was turning her over before I pulled the carb there was this noise in the engine. It sounds like a piece of metal flopping back and forth. A buddy of mine said he had a dirtbike that made the same noise and it was the transmission. He also said he rode it like that for a couple years before he sold it.
Any ideas?
My Service Manual is on it's way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts