Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So,i have a topic I'm sure you've covered.750twin in a 4 cylinder frame.I read the twin is 2 inches taller than the 4.my question is,if i extend the down tubes o say 2.5"in front and behind the motor will i be save? what about the exaust, will it clear? or should i go with a single downtube?and how about the length of the two motors. thanks in advance. Newby:biggrin:

·
This space for rent
687 Posts
My nephew and I picked up a 750 motor and tried to fit it in a 83 GPz750 frame.
It took only a matter of seconds to see that we were missing a good 2" clearance on top. We never even looked at anything else, that motor was heavy, and it wasn't going to fit, so we set it down and scratched that idea.

If you already have the frame and a motor, then why not take measurements so you can decide if you really want to do this.
If you don't have a frame and a motor, then why in the world would you want to put a 750 twin motor in a 750 four frame?? There is no advantage to the 750 four frame, the 750 twin frame is close kin to the KZ1000 frame (You'd be amazed at how many parts interchange).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well i just got the bike minus motor for nearly nothing already have the motor.I tried today just to see if the frame i had just might happen to work. No dice lol I.m gonna start cutting tom.It's gonna be a pain,but I'm gonna single downtube it.I've already bobed the back.and lowered the seat 1.5 inches I'll post a pic.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts