Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2004 Vulcan 800A about 3 months ago. Enjoying it thoroughly. My wife and I love to ride although we rarely get a chance to ride together. Have owned sport bikes in the past and this is my first cruiser. :)

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
Hi BRIawman and welcome!

Did I detect a little happiness in your being the proud owner of a cruiser? :)

I can fully relate and hope you enjoy your new bike.

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
Welcome BR , congrat's on joining the A team.

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
A-team...I pitty the fooooooooooooo....thats what it brings to my mind :)

·
RIP Deron Harden :-(
32,545 Posts
spok said:
A-team...I pitty the fooooooooooooo....thats what it brings to my mind :)
hehehehehe, good call !!!

welcome to the forum BR, glad to see you enjoy your new style ride

·
Registered
439 Posts
i'm a newbie too......... but welcome aboard !

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Whistle, and yes I am very happy with my bike. All these years, I never knew I had such a fetish for chrome. I've had my bike about 3 months and have about 1400 miles on it. I don't get to ride as much as i would like, but ride every chance I get.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Welcome to the fourm BRIawman,and the A team too I also own one.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Welcome, welcome !! Boy, are you fixin' to have some fun now!!! Get some pipes on it, and it'll sound better then your friendly neighborhood Harley. Nothin' but miles and smiles from hear on pardner! :)

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Bud, Since you mention pipes, I want to get some good sound from my bike. Any suggestions? Most of my friends that I ride with have Harleys. In stock form, I can blow away an 883 Sportster and I can hang with a 80 CI Lowrider. They keep trying to talk me into a Harley, but I like my Vulcan. I'd like it even more with some good pipes. :grin:

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Mangler, Glad to be here. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine.

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
Hard Krome pipes can make a Harley sound like a Honda....Sorry to anyone riding a Honda. :)

·
Registered
506 Posts
Hey there Lawman,you're be in good hands here on this Kawasaki site,so stick around and see whats going on with us!! A great big ole Welcome to ya!! Kenny in North Carolina 2003 Vulcan Classic 1500

·
Registered
65 Posts
BRlawman said:
They keep trying to talk me into a Harley, but I like my Vulcan. :grin:
Welcome from the other side of the world :)
Don't let them convince you.
My mates all ride softtails and have been trying to convince me to buy a Harley.
When I was looking at trading my Honda Shadow they tried real hard. I just tell them I made my choice based on Engineering not Image.
Gave them a ride of the Mean Streak and that shut them up :grin:

·
Registered
229 Posts
Well Mister BR. my son rides an 800, had pipes, a hyper-charger, and set up at the shop before he ever heard it run. Now. he added one tooth to the front sprocket for better highway cruising, and for the life of both of us, it didn't hurt the performance one bit. Now, he gives the ole' Harleys fits. I know, cause I'm riding one of them. (Nobody said that getting older made you smarter ) Oh, and one of the other gentlemen said that his 800 sounded better than a Harley, he wasn't exaggerating one bit, especially if you reach down between the tank and the air cleaner and turn the idle back a little, just to show off. Ride long and hard !

·
VRA National President
203 Posts
That's my 800 that my dad (Bud) is talkin about. LOVE the bike! I put Hard Krome Big Straights on mine and it's *very loud* when you roll onto it. I'll be honest and say that the tone is closer to painful than pleasurable for anyone riding behind me when I'm in the upper RPMs but it spells "attitude" with a capital "A". If I were to actually recommend pipes to someone, Vans & Hines would be surer to please for overall tone. If you rode crotch rockets before, I seriously recommend getting the Thunder Kit when you get the pipes. I rode against a stock 800 and dusted it hard and it "feels" like it has more than that even. :)

Welcome to the board....

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
BR , The v&h cruzer's probably sound the best on the 800, the hard chrome's are probably the best quality of pipe's made though.Like slick's said ,do the intake also. There's plenty of guy's on 800's around the forum an you'll be getting there input as well . Like Bud said ,swap out the front sprocket an even the back if you want, it definitly help's on the highway. If you want to know how much it help's go over to the faq's forum an check out the thread about rpm's . I've got a tach an did some gear change's an took reading's of different rpm's an mph's. Now come's the part I like best ,spending other people's money. <BG>

·
Registered
159 Posts
800 Vulcan Pipes

Hey BRlawman:
I ride an 800 Vulcan Classic and love it. I put a set of Cobra / slant cuts on it and it sounds great. I thought of going with a straight through drag pipe but believe me, they are loud. If you put anyone in the pillon seat, they're deaf. Slant cuts sound nice and rich. And I do lower the idle a bit. It gets a nice lope to it. I changed the front sprocket from a stock 17 tooth to an 18 tooth. Like night and day. Not only is the bike better on the highway as it doesnt scream that much but it actually allows you to shift better, without getting seasick from first to second. Email me, I could give you a lot of info on where to buy the sprockets and how to change them. Do it when the bike is new and you dont have to worry about having to change the chain and sprockets as a package. The chain isnt really set in wear yet. Im now going from an 18 tooth to a 19 tooth. Just found a guy who cuts them to order. They're not expensive, bout 20 bucks. What a difference.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts