·
Registered
2001 VN800 Drifter, Teal & White
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Tire Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

Hi everybody I just found this forum.
I’ve had a few Kawasaki bikes but just got this Drifter 800 this year. It was beige when I got it and only 10K miles. The rear fender was damaged by saddle bags from the original owner so I decided to do a complete colour change. I painted it myself which was a great learning experience. I managed to get the rear fender stay covers used from US and made some brackets for the fender stay to fit them as european bikes didn’t have them. The rear luggage rack I made myself from stainless steel and polished and I fitted a small front fender light and two passing lights. Small license plate bracket is from Aliexpress and needed a couple of new holes to fit, but I did that when I was painting so no big deal. Really happy with how the bike has changed and looking forward to getting out and about when nice weather returns to UK.
cheers for now
Stu. :)

·
Super Moderator
2,886 Posts
Welcome to the club Stu.
Nice work on the bike. The paint looks flawless on the tank on your other posting.

·
Registered
2001 VN800 Drifter, Teal & White
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the club Stu.
Nice work on the bike. The paint looks flawless on the tank on your other posting.
Cheers, I’m really pleased with the end result. I’m a complete novice painter but YouTube helped a lot. It’s not a show winner as the pin stripes could be a bit straighter in places if you look really closely. Kept me busy for a few weeks though and I enjoyed doing what I had been planning. Roll on summer and some sunny days. 😀😀

1 - 3 of 3 Posts