Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi new to this forum and was wondering has anyone done a twin shroud upgrade? on 98 kx100 as they only come with one and look abit funny with one on lol any help woiuld be gratefull i looked on the net and cant find sum info anywhere?

·
Gotta love the zx10
235 Posts
are you sure you mean shroud? The two plastics up front that are on both sides of the gas tank?

·
Knows more than he needs
190 Posts
yes i would like to know if you can as well, i have a 1997 kx100 and i do agree that it looks funny b/c it uses the left side of the gas tank as the shroud

·
Gotta love the zx10
235 Posts
If they originally only manufactured it with one then you would have to check where the screws are on the shroud side. Most likely you would have to buy a newer gas tank that will hopefully fit in the same spot if the shrouds screw into the side of the tank.

2001 they added the second shroud but I think still had only one radiator. It all comes down to where it screws in and the form of the tank on the side without a shroud.

Do you have any pictures of both sides?

·
Registered
9 Posts
i have a 2000 kx 100 and wanted to do this as well. there are differences though, you would have to buy the new gas tank and left shroud. also you have to relocate the ignition coil and lastly there is a mount on the new tanks at the very front of the tank and the older style frames do not have. you could do it but it takes some work(too much work for me)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts