Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
Just like to let you know im new here. Im Phil 21 yrs, from Berks in UK. Just out of interest where are most people from here? many from the UK?
Im looking to buy a GPZ 500S and wouldn't mind getting a bif of info. about them, if anyone knows anything, it would be appreciated.
Passed my test 2 years ago, so am looking to get one of these.
Cheers,
Phil

·
Registered
741 Posts
Welcome to the site. I have seen a few posts from UK riders and I think you will soon find some of them after they see your post. You could click on the member list and find some others also.

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
welcome phil,

just north of seattle washington

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Welcome M8,

hows the temps on the other side of the pond? Bit cold I would imagine as many are puttting their rides away for the winter.

D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers all
Yea, just dull and dingy really at the moment, not too cold at the moment, but will be colder soon.
Did go to US earlier in the year, my first proper time there really. Spent about 10 days there and saw quite a bit.
2-3 days in D.C.,3 days in NY city, 3 nights in Philaelphia, including going to Atlantic City and Baltimore.
Really enjoyed it :)

·
I miss you, Deron
19,783 Posts
Hi Phil. Welcome to the board!

I live in Colorado; my sister lives in Shropshire and I get over to see her at least once a year. I really love the UK. Nice to have you here.

Julie

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cheers all
Just wondering really if the GPZ is a good first biggish bike? what performance is like etc, heard that it's quite quick for what it is.
cheers :p

·
RIP Deron Harden :-(
32,545 Posts

phil
welcome to the forum
as far as the GPZ goes, i'll let the ones that know answer that, there should be quite a few. if not give it a shot in the sportbike forum. good luck.

·
Motorcycle Momma
839 Posts
Phil,

Welcome to the forum......Kawi's rule!!!!! There is always a BIG debate about the size of the first bike....if you look in the Main lobby you will be another thread about this topic...

Just about everyone says that fit is important. My two cents is that 500 is OK to start.....but I out grew it fairly quickly. I am riding a 750 now and it fits me just right in size, power and weight.

Let us know what you get your bike....post a pic of you and your new toy so we can see your mug shot :lol:

Heather

1 - 14 of 14 Posts