Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to say thank you for having me on the forum. I hope to get some great information, make some new friends and have good conversations. Currently I ride a Vulcan Drifter 800. Obviously I'm going to want a more reliable bike, one that looks cool, and one that's easy to start in the frigid winters.....here in Texas. (that was supposed to be a joke...c'mon now) I've pretty much decided on a Vulcan 900 Classic or LT. The only problem I've had with the looks is that goofy looking rear pulley, but I've seen some photos of a more "typical" rear pulley on a couple and that pretty much sold me. I look forward to more scootin' eitherway and have a great evening everybody!!!!

·
Grade "A" Poser
2,455 Posts
Welcome to the forum. The Drifter is a pretty cool bike. I have a buddy that has one and it always is the center of attention whenever we stop somewhere. There is so few around I find.

·
Needs More Cowbell
11,774 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Um... what's wrong with an 800 Drifter? Pretty awesome bike IMHO :mrgreen:

·
MaNaMaNa DoDoDoDoDo
4,767 Posts
Welcome, Rookie. Even if you want a new ride, you gotta post pics of your current one to keep us happy.

·
Needs More Cowbell
11,774 Posts
Guess I'm wondering what makes you want a 900 vs. an 800 Drifter??? Just curious.
I regret ever selling my 800... *sniff*

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I want a 900 because I need a backseat for my lady, a little more power, and something I can piddle around with. Backseats on the drifters just look hideous and kill the look of the bike. Besides, the Drifter isn't mine, it's my grandfather's. He owns that and an 04 Roadking classic so I get free reign of the drifter, but I have to leave my lady home if I want to go ride and I just want my own bike. I'll see if I can roll photos up here in a sec...

·
Needs More Cowbell
11,774 Posts
Oh, I see. True about the back seat; not good looking for the Drifter. Power will be about the same for the 800/900, though the 900's fuel injection is a nice feature.

·
BACK ON TWO WHEELS
13,542 Posts
well if you want POWER get a V2K

·
BACK ON TWO WHEELS
13,542 Posts
party at the Moon Tower everybody's going

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
if you know of a V2K in the $4000-$5000 price range in the DFW area, let me know. Otherwise the 900 is all I can afford. :( <<<<< college student

·
'06 V2K, Baby!
2,325 Posts
$5400 for a Vulcan 1600 with only 15k miles setup for 2-up. Don't have to go all the way to V2K.

2005 vulcan

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Hey there Mr. Rookie.

Rule # 1 ... :worthless:

Oh by the way welcome to the forum from another Texican and the Drifter is a very nice bike.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts