Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
You're never too old
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. My name is Vince (vini) I own a VN800 Classic and just thought I would join up and see whats going on in the world of Kawasaki owners?

I am 51 years of age and have been riding since 1975. I s'pose I am a petrol head and I also enjoy the Jap sports car scene and currently own a Skyline having just sold my 300ZX TT. But without a doubt Bikes are where my heart is.

I recntly bought this bike after selling a Yamaha YZF1000 Thunderace and TBH am wondering why I didnt get one years ago? I love it. I will be looking for lots of tips and hints as I intend to make it my own with some styling and custom parts and I have already started with a paint job and as soon as its ready I will share a few pictures with you.

Anyway. Nice to be around.

vini :cool:

·
You're never too old
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome chaps. I have had a bit of a look around and think this place is great. I look forward to chatting with you all in the future.

Here is a photo of my bike when I got it:

One of my Skyline:

and a fairly recent pic of myself:

Just to let you all know who I am. :biggrin:

vini

·
Test Pilot
2,916 Posts
Welcome aboard Vini. Those are some sweet toys you got there. What year is your 800 ? I've never seen an 800 that color, or with that kind of saddle and cargo bags. Very nice.

·
You're never too old
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Welcome aboard Vini. Those are some sweet toys you got there. What year is your 800 ? I've never seen an 800 that color, or with that kind of saddle and cargo bags. Very nice.
Hi and thanks mate. Yes the bike is a '97 model and the boxes are after market. Not the best but I think they suit it quite well and the top box is cut to house the sissy bar for extra strength. I am leaving them off for now though and I have taken the screen off along with the spots. I am not a fan of the screen TBH and the boxes will no doubt come in handy if I ever get to go for a long cruise out some day. I am also changing the colour/color scheme and hope to get some nice bits and pieces for it too. I am very pleased with the overal condition of the bike.

vini

·
Test Pilot
2,916 Posts
Hi and thanks mate. Yes the bike is a '97 model and the boxes are after market. Not the best but I think they suit it quite well and the top box is cut to house the sissy bar for extra strength. I am leaving them off for now though and I have taken the screen off along with the spots. I am not a fan of the screen TBH and the boxes will no doubt come in handy if I ever get to go for a long cruise out some day. I am also changing the colour/color scheme and hope to get some nice bits and pieces for it too. I am very pleased with the overal condition of the bike.

vini
I had a 97 Vulcan VN800B like yours, but mine was sky blue (it was repainted)
I sold it a few years ago with 97,000 kilometers (approx 60,000 miles) and the guy I sold it to is still riding the heck out of it to this day. It was (and still is) a great bike. I'll try and find a pic of it and post it here, to give you an idea of what she looked like.
I love a shield, but maybe that's because of my age. Back in the late 60's early 70's you were a wimp if you had a shield on your bike, and a 650cc was considered a monster bike. lol.
Hope you'll post some pictures of your bike once you repaint your bike. ;)

·
You're never too old
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I had a 97 Vulcan VN800B like yours, but mine was sky blue (it was repainted)
I sold it a few years ago with 97,000 kilometers (approx 60,000 miles) and the guy I sold it to is still riding the heck out of it to this day. It was (and still is) a great bike. I'll try and find a pic of it and post it here, to give you an idea of what she looked like.
I love a shield, but maybe that's because of my age. Back in the late 60's early 70's you were a wimp if you had a shield on your bike, and a 650cc was considered a monster bike. lol.
Hope you'll post some pictures of your bike once you repaint your bike. ;)
i certainly will post up some pictures ;) As for the wimpy screen..........:lol: The same here in the UK. Now a days biking isnt so much a fun pastime as a method of getting about on the cheap. Well thats how it seems anyway. So the stigma of having screens or *** fairings isnt as bad. The good ol' days ??? The days when we used to give each other a wave. Now you are lucky if you get a quick nod.

vini

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.