Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
guitar junkie
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Snowed here the past 2 days,another snowstorm on its way .Had no choice but to winterize the bike and let it hibernate till spring. I think I'm going through bike withdrawl.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Snowed here the past 2 days,another snowstorm on its way .Had no choice but to winterize the bike and let it hibernate till spring. I think I'm going through bike withdrawl.
Pick a snow sport and enjoy the winter weather. Lots of good books to read at night when the sun sets early. Or if you just can't stand to be away from your motorcycle then this time of year is a nice time to do some custom work on it. Have fun.

·
900 LT
1,135 Posts
I cant do this, 30 or so years of riding and i have yet to winterize a bike.
I live in New Jersey and we have some pretty good white stuff around here but as long as i can get a tank a fuel run thru it a month im happy and dont feel the need to winterize.

november gave me 600 good miles of riding lets see what december brings

·
Missy Peregrym's #1 fan!
7,792 Posts
mines been put away for about a month or so... i am going thru some serious withdraws

·
Registered
42 Posts
I feel your pain. A week ago saturday it got to -5 and I went out for a ride. This week is -20 with snow and ice. I think I'm done till either spring or a chinook.:mad::frown:

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Winterize

I cant do this, 30 or so years of riding and i have yet to winterize a bike.
I live in New Jersey and we have some pretty good white stuff around here but as long as i can get a tank a fuel run thru it a month im happy and dont feel the need to winterize.

november gave me 600 good miles of riding lets see what december brings
I feel your pain. Winterizing my bike will never happen, unless it snows all year round. :biggrin:

December in our area should not be too bad. Unfortunately we are expecting some snow tomorrow and the temps will remain a tad above freezing. I am also crossing my fingers for next week.

·
Wannabe Poser
3,446 Posts
I feel your pain. A week ago saturday it got to -5 and I went out for a ride. This week is -20 with snow and ice. I think I'm done till either spring or a chinook.:mad::frown:
I'm feeling everyone's pain :roll: Last weekend even though 27 outside I rode. Was telling my friend we're lucking out. Then yesterday it came

Added Stable to the fuel and topped it off. It's in the garage but pointed towards the door. First nice day (no ice or snow on roads) and it's breaking out again.

·
got lost along the way
23,356 Posts
sigh... I hear ya!

I put mine away on the 10th of Nov...it's been a long month:)

All it's been doing here is snow :( No way the bikes coming out till the spring thaw:(

Any suggestions on who to pass the time?? I'm missing the breeze and the power. It's just not the same in the truck when the only power you need is to get you out of the snow!

·
Wannabe Poser
3,446 Posts
Umm I wonder if I mount the bike on the wife's treadmill, put a fan off to the front side, hang a sheet in front of the bike and run movies of road trips on it and have the exhaust vented out the window. Nobody would notice except that I'd be in the garage a lot.
Nahhh! Still wouldn't pacify me.

·
Registered
157 Posts
How about all our southern brothers put their bikes away for the winter as a show of sympathy and solidarity with their northern brothers?
What do you think; is everybody on board with this????

Just another 'Crazy Canuck!!!'

·
Estancia Meritage
1,523 Posts
Mine is also in garage. Fuel tank full and treated with Seafoam.
My goal is to at least ride once a month for every month of the year.
Hoping december has at least one nice day.

Lucky...

·
Registered
98 Posts
Alrighty Kawi-fan.. My bike is in the garage and I pledge to leave it there overnight for a show of sympathy and solidarity to ya'll up north.
(Hate the 70's in Dec.)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts