Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've stumbled into selling hitches for the Classic 900. I made my own and had a few requests to make more. Mine is similar to others on the market but my tongue and ball are removable by pulling a pin, not bolted on. I've got a batch on Ebay and they are VERY reasonably priced. Just search VN900 hitch. I'm not a company.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here you go:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bump

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
would the hitch fit a V2K classic LT?
Bummer I have no way of finding that out. If the two fender bolt holes (under the chrome trim) are the same as the VN900 it would bolt up and if the contour of the fender is the same and the tip of the fender comes down the same amount then it would fit. It could probably be made to fit if you have some fabricating skills. All it would require removing the fender and turning it upside down to fit the hitch.
Ride up to Canada some day and we'll try it out, LOL. Mapquest says about 30 hours one way if you stick to the speed limit!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nice Hitch!

I have a 2007 Classic 900 LT. Would that hitch fit on that?
Do you have to have longer bolts for the bags/supports/Hitch?
What is the tongue weight you recommend?
What is the trailer weight you built?
I just purchased a trailer and the weight is somewhere around 150 lbs dry.

Thanks!
James

/

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
James, the hitch was designed for the 900 Classic/ Classic LT. It comes with some longer grade 8 bolts but it has nothing to do with the bolts that hold the bags/supports. When you remove the bags and supports and the chrome trim, underneath you will see 2 bolts (per side) that hold the fender to the frame. That's the bolts the hitch uses. I have very clear easy to follow instructions for installation as well as trailer building and towing tips. My trailer is around 150lbs as well. That is a nice light trailer. The lighter the hitch weight the better and you can vary the load in the trailer to change the hitch weight. Feel free to pm me if you have any more questions.

I have a 2007 Classic 900 LT. Would that hitch fit on that?
Do you have to have longer bolts for the bags/supports/Hitch?
What is the tongue weight you recommend?
What is the trailer weight you built?
I just purchased a trailer and the weight is somewhere around 150 lbs dry.

Thanks!
James

/

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've stumbled into selling hitches for the Classic 900. I made my own and had a few requests to make more. Mine is similar to others on the market but my tongue and ball are removable by pulling a pin, not bolted on. I've got a batch on Ebay and they are VERY reasonably priced. Just search VN900 hitch. I'm not a company.
I was wondering if I could get the measurements and list of supplies I would need to make a hitch like yours.

·
VN 900 Classtom
1,689 Posts
I was wondering if I could get the measurements and list of supplies I would need to make a hitch like yours.
Not sure if you know but this thread was last touched two years ago and the member has been inactive for over a year.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts