Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
If you are talking internal wiring.........you can do that with any bar. The diameter of the bar and the number of wires will determine the difficulty. I used 1 1/4 inch bars on my 1500 classic and it wasn't too difficult. I might have been cussing with a 1 inch bar.

·
VN 900 Classtom
1,689 Posts
A friend of mine purchased the 1.25 apes for his HD herritage about a yr ago and those apes look very sharp and clean. When he was looking if I recall correctly they told him the bars had to be at least 1.25. He also ended up buying new grips due to the new size.

Sad thing is that after hiding all the wires he purchased a huge windshield that screwed up the clean look of the apes.

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
Yeh, I'd look for a set of 1 1/4" diamter bars if it were me. They look a little "phatter" and it will make running the multiple wires a lot easier.

When I ran internal wiring on my old V2K....their were appx. 10 wires per side that had to be extended, soldered, shrinkwrapped and run through the inside of the bar. That extra 1/4" may make a whole lot of difference.

·
Perpetual Motion
6,663 Posts
Yeh, I'd look for a set of 1 1/4" diamter bars if it were me. They look a little "phatter" and it will make running the multiple wires a lot easier.

When I ran internal wiring on my old V2K....their were appx. 10 wires per side that had to be extended, soldered, shrinkwrapped and run through the inside of the bar. That extra 1/4" may make a whole lot of difference.
+1!

I ran them on 1 1/4" drags and I actually think there were 11 wires on the left side of the bike. A real PIA, but worth it with the clean look of the bars.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts