Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:( I live in Denver Colorado, which is around 5800 ft above sea level. I took my 3010 mule fourwheeling about nine thousand feet , and I couldnt get any power, it wouldnt go more then 10 to 15 miles an hour. Theres no visible black smoke, and I bumped the idle adjustment screw just to get it to idle, because it wouldnt run at all. Is there any adjustments I can make to fix this problem? Ive already checked the air cleaner, and there is only forty hours on it. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated, thanks for listenin, and keep the rubber side down 8)

thanks,
Mike
[email protected]

·
Registered
3 Posts
altitude

Generally, when going up in altitude you will need to install smaller main jet, one size probably for you, and to get the best performance possible you should have your clutch/s adjusted for altitude. The lighter clutch weights will allow the engine to rev higher before engaging the clutches and will keep you in the powerband instead of lugging the engine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
high alt.

thanks for the answer.i did take the jets out and i found that the pilot jets were 4.3 and the main jets were hard to read but the best i can tell they were 4.3 not sure looks like 5,0 the slot was cut for the screw driver thru the middle of this one.anyhow i thought i would assume that my mule service book says what size they should be and drop two sizes on both main jet.do i need to change the pilot ones also if so thw same amount.i guess i really do not under stand the cluthch thing.i will look it up in the book when i finish.also do you no where i can but these parts on line at.i go to the kaw, bike shops and i really get the cold shoulder and i do not care for it much.thanks for answering my questions.your is the only response i have gotten from anywhere anyhow.i was begging to think i was the only mule guy out there.it was lonley ha ha ha !!!if ther anything i may be able to help with i will give my information or atleast my experiences.thanks again mike,email is [email protected] if you want directly mail back if there is anything you might be able pass my would be great. :idea: :shock: :lol:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts