Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

High fuel consumption

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  DARIO!94 
#1 ·
Hi I'm wondering if you had any ideas on this? Usually I can get 170 miles before fuel light comes on. I usually fill up at around 150 miles (before light comes on). Recently I've been getting around 120/130 miles and the light comes on. I've cleaned my air filter, changed spark plugs, had my valve clearances checked and been told they are fine. The garage told me yesterday (the day they checked the valve clearances) that my stick coils were not pushed all the way in. They suggested that I should try some fuel conditioner and to really thrash my bike to the red line as maybe the fuel injectors are slightly blocked. Garage said that there was no fuel leak and my bike is not running rich. I will try these things but am just wondering is there anything else that maybe the problem? Thanks in advance

#2 ·
What bike?

There's a variety of problems that could cause low fuel mileage, seems you've addressed several. Yes, riding like Grandma can be one of them. I use Berryman's or Star Tron once or twice per year and thrash it sometimes. Nothing fancy just get on it good when entering a interstate, stuff like that. Nothing extended is really needed just good high rpm once in a while.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.