Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which do you do? Run the high beam or low beam during daylight?

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I often wonder about things like this. I was driving last season and this Goldwing was to my right, right in my mirror where he should be. BUT he had one of those headlight modulators that pulsate the light on and off and it was driving me nuts. I had to adjust my mirror so he was not in it anymore, which I know is not safe for the biker for people that don't check over their shoulder before switching lanes. I'm always worried if I ride with my brights on something like that might happen to me and then the driver moves their mirror and forgets I'm even there.

·
This We'll Defend
1,374 Posts
Brights all day long... and now that I wired up my new headlight for both bulbs to be on, it's brights all night too! :D Although I do have it angled down just enough to keep it out of people's mirrors for the most part.

·
Registered
70 Posts
High beam with modulator when I am riding lead or by myself , low beam with amber spots on when riding in the middle of a group . I have been asked to ride in the back with the modulator on so the lead man knows that the group is still together when riding as pack.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was just wondering, because it seems like a lot of the bikes I pass going the other way don't seem to have brights on and I'm wondering if its considered an annoyance to cagers or other bikers. I agree with the safety factor and visibility, though, as that's what I was taught in my msf course...brights during the day all the time, and off/on during the night when approaching other vehicles, just like in a car.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I have just the stock headlight & bulb on my 1500, and no additional light bar or anything. I run high beams during the day. I don't think it's obnoxious and it helps me be seen (hopefully).

·
2x the bike for 1/2 the $
1,175 Posts
I hope with your brights during the day it doesnt look like this to oncoming traffic or the people you're behind.. YouTube - jesus coming!

·
Fat Bottomed Girl
15,029 Posts
High beam all day. Only change is if in a group and someone asks otherwise.

·
Long live the V2K!
593 Posts
High beam on during the day for me. Don't care if it annoys the cagers- they annoy me with their driving! If my high beam on helps to keep me from getting whacked by a cager then I'll keep doing it.

·
Premium Member
4,767 Posts
I dont do the high beam thing because I have HID lights now. Plus the HID lighting system that I have, doesn't really have a difference in lighting between the low and high beams. They both appear the same. I just keep my low beam on.

When I had the stock light, I used my high beams during the day and low beams at night.

·
Registered
59 Posts
According to MSF course instructor...
High beams during the day; Not legal at night (unless out in the country with no other vehicles, etc.).

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
High beam with floods in town, low beam with floods out of town. Highbeam with floods all the time at night.

·
Vicrory is Mine
2,489 Posts
High all the time... I mean high BEAM all the time. LOL

I have the Wagner bulb from NAPA and it's pretty bright compared to stock. Even still, I very rarely get flashed at night and when I do I put the switch half way between Hi and Lo and it gets a bit brighter.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts