Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
lock up your daughters
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok since it looks like I'll be continuing on with a pay level that I got paid 4 years ago it appears that a new bike won't be in the plans this year. Bummer, there are some really good deals out there.

So I have a 2006 (that I bought in September of 2007). It has close to 30,000 miles on it. Two trips pencilled in this year, Seatle and Las Vegas. I hope to make a couple other trips as well.

Anyway, my extended warranty and pre-paid service plan is up in September this year. After that I'm on my own.

For guys that have gone passed the 30,000 mile mark, what can I expect from here?

I'm hoping I can expect another 30,000 trouble free miles, but even with that aren't there some major services coming up?

·
BACK ON TWO WHEELS
13,542 Posts
do have that many miles, number one thing i would check is the drive belt and them battery (tires being obvious) no valve adjustments, so if your maintenance has been properly done you should be ok. MY 2007 v2k is bullet proof

·
Registered
388 Posts
Haven't heard of many who own V2K's that have a lot of miles..I am one that don't..2004 and only 10,000 miles. But this year is my year...I will make several good trips..I probably will change my coolant in a month or 2..but everything else should be good.
T.O.

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,391 Posts
Some time back a coupla of years there was talk of V2k's having issues over 30k but I don't know if that was bunk or had any truth. My 05 has almost 20k on the ticker and besides needing oil added inbetween oil changes, so far so good.

·
Giant Biker
2,323 Posts
Ok since it looks like I'll be continuing on with a pay level that I got paid 4 years ago it appears that a new bike won't be in the plans this year. Bummer, there are some really good deals out there.

So I have a 2006 (that I bought in September of 2007). It has close to 30,000 miles on it. Two trips pencilled in this year, Seatle and Las Vegas. I hope to make a couple other trips as well.

Anyway, my extended warranty and pre-paid service plan is up in September this year. After that I'm on my own.

For guys that have gone passed the 30,000 mile mark, what can I expect from here?

I'm hoping I can expect another 30,000 trouble free miles, but even with that aren't there some major services coming up?

You will want to change the coolant, probably change the fork oil, the brake fluid, and do a really good inspection of the belt. I think the plugs are scheduled to be changed at 30k, but I feel they can go a lot longer since they are iridium.

If I remember right you just put a new battery in it, correct?

Major issue reported on the net seems to be excess oil consumption with high mileage, which requires a honing and new rings. But you can predict that by keeping track of your oil level, and you may want to do a compression check if you feel nervous about it.

Otherwise, ride it and be happy!!

Mine will be paid off this summer----and I plan to keep it for a very long time!!

·
My hat is made of tinfoil
20,826 Posts

Change all fluids, and check tires, brakes, belt, cables etc.
But really, unless its been horribly abused, and maintenance was non existant, 30,000 miles is what I consider low, and just nicely broken in.

·
*** V2K Rocks!!! ***
1,692 Posts
I have 26K miles on my V2K and haven't had any major issues. I replaced the battery once and also replaced a failed main relay box. Like you I hope to get many more trouble free miles out of this bike.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.