Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Vulcan 900 Classic
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received my order from MC Enterprises, the crash bars and alligator foot pegs. I love the look of the bars, but when I installed the footpegs, I really didn't like what I saw. So they are off for now.

How many of you have footpegs installed on highway bars? Especially if you have a Vulcan 900 Classic. I'd like to see pics of your install, and your opinions on them. How are they for comfort? Is it worth installing them even if they aren't aesthetically pleasing to the eye?

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
I just received my order from MC Enterprises, the crash bars and alligator foot pegs. I love the look of the bars, but when I installed the footpegs, I really didn't like what I saw. So they are off for now.
so what exactly did you see?? I think the alligator clips might be a bit too thin to be honest for 1 1/4" bars IMO. do you have pictures? Sorry i dont have a 900 but heres a pic of the dually's on my cobra bars/1600 if it helps. They are definitely comfortable and are pleasing to at least my eyes......

if i had to do it again i woulda got the regular kuryakyn straight pegs and NOT the offset ones. I just dont need all the adjustment they offer.

·
Life Begins at 200 mph
1,387 Posts
I bought the Cobra fatty bar. It looks great on the 1600. Only problem is I can't find clamps for pegs that fit the 1 1/2 tubing.

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
I bought the Cobra fatty bar. It looks great on the 1600. Only problem is I can't find clamps for pegs that fit the 1 1/2 tubing.
you have to assemble them yourself but kuryakyn makes the adapters/parts for just that. thats my main reason i dint get the cobra fatty's. i didnt want to bother doing that but most people love that extra 1/4". if you ask me these look big enough.

·
Life Begins at 200 mph
1,387 Posts
you have to assemble them yourself but kuryakyn makes the adapters/parts for just that. thats my main reason i dint get the cobra fatty's. i didnt want to bother doing that but most people love that extra 1/4". if you ask me these look big enough.
Can you send me a link for the 1 1/2 adapters. I can't find them on the site and that was the first site I visited. :frown:

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
I have a 900LT and did not like the look of crash bars, but wanted the comfort of highway pegs. After weeks of catalog shopping and on-line checking, I happened to check the Dennis Kirk catalog and found pegs and off-set brackets that attached to the down tubes. Very happy with the way they feel and look and they didn't make a major hit in my wallet.

·
I miss you, Deron
19,783 Posts
I have the same pegs Willie has. Love em!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thats my problem fellas... I have the Cobra 1 1/2 " bars on my 1600 classic and can't find a clamps. I wanted to do what S.D. Willie did but thats alot of metal on there. Don't know if I'll need all that adjustment. Can someone please post a link for the brackets for 1 1/2" Cobra bars... Thanks
Bob(Stallion)

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
It's a comfort thing for sure and I really like the pegs on my bike. Makes it more comfy on long rides.

·
Vulcan 900 Classic
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I ended up putting them on. Still questioning the look. I just prefer the cleaner look. Anyway, they are useless to me. I can't reach them! I was shocked that I couldn't reach. I'm not short, at 5' 10". But it certainly wasn't comfortable having just my toes touch the pegs. I definitely couldn't relax my foot on them. I'd need to get the kind shown in the pictures in this thread to move them forward.

·
Doc, I need a road trip!
1,398 Posts
I think the "Long Horns are what you'll need Sinecure.

·
Premium Member
2,603 Posts
One other thing, without a backrest - I don't think I'd really like highway pegs much. And Risers as well, it all works together to give the laid back highway cruise ya want... :wink:

·
2012 GT1400 Concours
658 Posts
Got the same pegs as Willie on my VN2000 and had them on my 900 as well. There great.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts