Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into puting highway pegs on my '95 Vulcan 500. My legs are just a few inches to long for the standard pegs.

I was wondering if this is a do-it-yourself project, and what parts/suppliers are recommended.

Also, can you mount highway pegs to the engine on a Vulcan 500?

I want to get this done by Friday (9/17/04) if possible!

Thanks,
~Angi~

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
cant help ya with manufactures/brands but
as for tools, just a few wrenches or ratchet/sockets. not a big deal. just follow the instructions included with the bars.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I just checked with Starcycle and they didn't have any in their catalogs. Only 750's. Look around a bit.

Plan B and very temporary could be a plain ugly bolt if you had to absoloutely positively had to have them this weekend.

I would stop in a custom shop and have them one off a pair for you if its an emergency. Some of the other ones I saw were between 175 - 250 in price - ouch! (harleys)

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Ok - much better - Turner Rocky has some for 7/8" to 1" mounts by Bikemaster $26.95

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
You can probably go down or call Cyclegear in MV and have them ordered and possibly have them before Friday. Your welcome to my tools if you need them.

Daron

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pegs

Thanks everyone!

I will be swinging by cyclegear after work. I will also stop in Mission Yamaha to see what they can do. I'll be there anyway, by breaklight keeps geting stuck on (Looks silly to be going uphill with my break light blazing away!), and it's time for my 9000 mile/pre trip check-up (wish I knew how to do that stuff myself!).

I am hoping to avoid highway bars or roll/crash bars, but I may have to go that way.

I may take you up on your offer of tools, or at least know-how.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Highway Pegs

3 motorcycle accessory shops later, no one can find pegs made for a Vulcan 500. I was hoping someone would know of compatible pegs? Or at least the measurements I need to look up some universal alternative.

Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts