Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
I miss you, Deron
19,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not very tall (5'5"), and a friend of mine suggested that I put my highway pegs on the *inside* of my highway bars, rather than sticking out from the outside of the bars. (Does that make sense?) It's much more comfortable for me. If they were on the outside, I'm not sure I could reach them with my feet. But I'm wondering, how stupid do they look? I haven't noticed anyone else with their pegs in this position. :)

Thanks!

Julie

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
Julie -It's your bike put them were ever there more comfortable for you. And don't worry about what other folks may think, there not the one riding it you are.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Or you could try an offset mount to bring them back a bit. Might be too high or in the way of the rear brake though.

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
Pick's got another Idea ,kuryakyn make all kind's of adapter's an offset's to achive the position you need to feel comfortable.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Julie:

Check out my pics on my website below - the 2nd pick shows my Rivco highway pegs with the mount facing inward inside the engine guards. When I flip them down, they do rotate outward but not too far to my liking. I did not want to spread out wide - I rather go out straight when cruisin' down the highway.

Like someone else said - it's your bike, do what you want!

T-man

·
I miss you, Deron
19,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, everyone! I really appreciate the feedback.

·
I miss you, Deron
19,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
T-man, that's one beautiful bike! My next bike is going to be a 1500 classic! :D

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
I think they look fine on the inside. Like they said- whatever makes you comfortable.

Phatty

·
RIP Deron Harden :-(
32,545 Posts
pegs

Julie
i have seen numerous bikes with them mounted on the inside and it looked fine to me. like woodchuck suggested you can mount them outside with the right offset. i have kuryakyn offset highway pegs on my nomad because i needed the offset so i could reach them. i am only 5'7" so they needed to come to me so i could use them. works out great. i find that i rest my foot on the footboard and lean it out onto the highway peg. that's just my comfort zone. find yours and go with it, and like everyone else is saying, who cares what anyone else thinks, its yours not theirs.
david

·
Registered
458 Posts
I agree with everyone. Put them where they serve you best.

One thing to consider though. If you put them high up you end up with a good portion of your weight on your tail bone. A good seat is a must. My 800A seat wasn't the best for the original location I had the pegs at.

Just a thought. :wink:

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

put them where you need them :wink:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Tman, where'd you get your side covers chromed and how much was it (if you don't mind me asking)?

·
I miss you, Deron
19,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ipscshooter said:
I agree with everyone. Put them where they serve you best.

One thing to consider though. If you put them high up you end up with a good portion of your weight on your tail bone. A good seat is a must. My 800A seat wasn't the best for the original location I had the pegs at.

Just a thought. :wink:
They're not too high, but I have an after-market seat (a Mustang), so that isn't an issue. I also have plenty of padding on my backside. :lol:

I really appreciate everyone's comments. I feel much better about my highway pegs now. :) I'm going to keep them where they are!

Thanks. You guys are the best!

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
Pick if your wanting chrome side cover's for your classic fire an steel makes a set that sticks over your original side cover's call beartooth an get a price.

·
THE EDGE
6 Posts
Hwy pegs

I just put these on my Vulcan 900 Classic. They are longhorn mounts that are ajustable. I'm not much taller than you. These are by Kurakyn. Hope it helps ya. (check out pic)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
considering the original thread is nearly 4 years old, I hope she's found a solution by now!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts