Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heh there from sunny Florida! I'm still planning a 2,000+ ride in the next 3 weeks...My initial "shake down" cruise revealed a few problems...
I got the seat fixed...Mustang is where it's at! However, I still feel like I want to get my feet up higher. I don't want to spend $400 on forward controls, yet...I absolutely HATE the look highway bars/crash bars put on Mean Streaks...Does anyone have a link or ideas surrounding simple bolt-on or clamp on pegs that can be folded outta sight when not traveling?
Ideally, something that screws into existing frame holes. I want VERY high quality...Chrome plating isn't so hot in this salty environment.
Thanks!

·
ULTIMATE Forum Supporter
7,748 Posts
I like the look of the engine guards w/ pegs on your bike t-man but I agree with hawgklr. I don't like the look of them on my meanstreak. I had a set of highway pegs on my honda that just bolted to the footpeg mounts with a straight bar across the rad. I liked the look of those and they worked great as well. I haven't been able to find anything similar for my meanstreak either.

·
Living on the dark side
2,541 Posts
Ditto the old-post status, but for those still looking, Kuryakyn Large Iso pegs part number 7933. Mounts right to the frame and have a wide range of adjustments. (You'll have to whack off the little nub that the loom clamp attaches to on the right side, but no big deal) Keeps the stock controls for when you want to wind it out in the turns and offers that laid back option for cruisin! Best of both worlds. You can order right from Kuryakyn and save some coin. Here's their page: http://www.kuryakyn.com/products.asp?bn=metric&ci=3270

1 - 5 of 5 Posts