Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
15,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a little over a year later and I finally hit 10,000 miles. Wooo Hooo! Was coming back from Wilmington when it turned over. It took me a little longer than I expected it too but for being out of the country for a little over a month and being injured for a couple months, 10k in about 9-10 months ain't so bad. It's been a trouble free 10k and here's hoping to plenty more trouble free miles.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
congrats....I too just passed 10000 on my Iron butt ride 2 weeks ago...middle of may will be a year..but like you said not bad for being injured or away

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I hit 15K earlier this month after just a touch over 1 yr on my 900. I'm busy now racking up miles on my new C14.

·
Registered
20,606 Posts
congrats!! :biggrin:

i hit 600 miles total last week, i've had the bike for 18 months.

I spend too much time on here or posing at the local Starschmucks to actually ride the thing. ;)

·
Guilty By Association
650 Posts
i had that in my first week riding!! 600 that is----not 10,000!!!

·
Registered
20,606 Posts
600 miles total in a year and a half??? Holy cow man, you need to go on a road trip!!
why would i want to go on a road trip when i can see pictures of other people going on road trips??

i don't want to risk getting my chrome dirty.

·
Registered
20,606 Posts
You're kidding, right?
:lol:

when am i ever serious on here Patrick?

I'm at 9000 after 18 months.

Will be adding an extra 2000+ at the end of the month on the ride from Land's End to John O'Groats and back.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
:lol:

when am i ever serious on here Patrick?

I'm at 9000 after 18 months.

Will be adding an extra 2000+ at the end of the month on the ride from Land's End to John O'Groats and back.
I was wondering, because you have posted pictures of a couple of rideouts and one of those was to France. I was thinking, "How do you get to France and back and still not do 600 miles?". Glad to see the real mileage.

A bike with low mileage is like a spare set of plates that only gets used at Christmas and Easter.

·
Registered
20,606 Posts
haha, well we generally only do 400-500 miles on our trips to France and Belgium, so i guess it's possible. if i don't do any other riding after that :p

But nah, i was just teasing.

some people like having a set of 'good china' for special occasions.
but it only works if you have a regular set of china you can use all the other times you wanna eat.

·
MaNaMaNa DoDoDoDoDo
4,767 Posts
Cool, Ryan. I must have missed your post about injury. What happened?

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Trouble free is great to hear, ride on!

·
Registered
15,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Cool, Ryan. I must have missed your post about injury. What happened?
Not sure I even posted anything. But thanks for asking. I banged up my knee on a jump and have been having a lot of problems with back spasms. Doing better but I missed out on A LOT of riding during the winter.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
forgive me for not knowing...but are ya still in the service???

·
I'm NOT the boss
929 Posts
I work with a guy who has a HD and he wont ride his if there is even the smallest SMIDGEN of chance of rain. Says it takes too long to "shine" his bike again. (shake my head) Of course this is the same guy that wont wear a helmet because HE always rides carefully and HE wont get in an accident (shake my head again) I'm almost hittin 5,000 after 6 months. (sigh.....she's not my new lil virgin bike anymore!)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts