Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey just installed my Hard Chrome 3" straights and the power commander (with the aftermarket exaust and stock airfilter MAP) and the bike back fires pretty bad. Especially when accelerating fast and shifting from 1st to 2nd and sometimes third. Also when deccelerating and let off the gas. Anyone know what is causing this or have similar results?

P.S. Love the sound of the pipes!! :D

DaveinNM :D

2003 Vulcan 1600 Classic

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

what phatboy said - get rid of the air injection junk :wink:

·
Registered
5 Posts
DaveinNM said:
Hey just installed my Hard Chrome 3" straights and the power commander (with the aftermarket exaust and stock airfilter MAP) and the bike back fires pretty bad. Especially when accelerating fast and shifting from 1st to 2nd and sometimes third. Also when deccelerating and let off the gas. Anyone know what is causing this or have similar results?
Hey, I have a sugustion for you. I have an 04 mean streak with 3" hk longs and a PCIIIUSB. When I did the install, I was blowing a 6" flame out of the pipes. I played with the PC for a little and figured out the combo to prevent fire. I fattened the lows and mids up 3 bars and the highs up 2 bars.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I plugged that hose according to the Thunder MFG intake instructions. I also went to Thundermfg.com and downloaded a 2003 Meanstreak Map with V&H straight shots and a thunder air intake. Since it looked more rich than any other map I could find online I figured it would be fairly close. Seems to run great. Any tweaking will probably be minimal.

Kawasaki Mean Streak
Vance & Hines Straight Shot Pipes
Thunder Mfg. Air Intake

Download T205-201.djm

here is a link
http://thundermfg.com/Downloads/T205-201.djm

Good luck

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone for the input. I plugged the hose and no more backfire. The bike runs great. I should have remembered the pair valve on my Volusia did the same thing.

DaveinNM

·
Registered
2 Posts
DaveinNM said:

P.S. Love the sound of the pipes!! :D

DaveinNM :D

2003 Vulcan 1600 Classic
Hi there! My first post here. I have the exact combo as you do, but I can´t find a good mapping for it over here in Sweden. Would you be interested in sharing yours? It would be much appreciated, best regards

Christian

1 - 10 of 10 Posts