Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Time to Ride
7,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, now the holiday season is here, a few things to keep in mind. I know that the riding season has ended in some places, I also know, with these forum members, if there is no snow on the ground, they will ride anyway. so, holiday rules,feel free to add and modify as you see fit.

1) at the holidays, people are distracted, especially on the roads
2) people are stressed, they make the holidays more stressful than they need to be, this stress can be turned into road rage.
3) holidays depress some people, and again, this can turn into rage
4) people need love at the holidays, and if any ladies need help in that arena, I am willing to be there for you

·
Vintage bike addict
4,812 Posts
After turkey day #5 Wear your Santa riding gear. All the little monsters will watch over you.

·
Vintage bike addict
4,812 Posts
Shorter beard for bikes! Or tuck it inside your coat.

·
Registered
19,728 Posts
Holidays mean very little in our household. We are usually broke, so we wait to give gifts after the income tax refunds come back!

·
Time to Ride
7,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
holidays aint about gifts.........gifts are what screwed it up to begin with, well them and hallmark and walmart.

holidays are about having another year with the people you care about

·
Registered
19,728 Posts
holidays aint about gifts.........gifts are what screwed it up to begin with, well them and hallmark and walmart.

holidays are about having another year with the people you care about
You're right. I haven't been home (MI) in years for Christmas. I like to give gifts, try and do it all year, if possible.

·
Time to Ride
7,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just another reason brit is THE MAN!!!!

This will be the first holiday season I won't have a brother to harass. Bummer.
I know the feeling, I have one I havent spoken too for 2 years, he insulted our mother, so now I gotta thump him.

I always get worried about riders near the holidays, cagers can be bad at normal times, multiply by 10 during christmas when they have to find that last play station or something.

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
Holidays mean very little in our household. We are usually broke, so we wait to give gifts after the income tax refunds come back!

well happy holiday, Ohio State got whooped by the fighting Illini...

you being a big blue supporter can take solice in that

·
Power Hungry V2K Rider
6,395 Posts
well happy holiday, Ohio State got whooped by the fighting Illini...

you being a big blue supporter can take solice in that
And Wazu whooped Stanford. It has been a good day...

·
Registered
297 Posts
Call me scrooge.....I don't mind giving. But I hate the holidays. It's freaking depressing, boring, the same freaking song over and over again in the mall....my paycheck gets reduce. that is only a few reasons of the many many manyyyyyy I have.....

·
Missy Peregrym's #1 fan!
7,792 Posts
My first Christmas without my dad... this was really the time of the year where he shined most he loved it (the first movie i ever saw in the theatres was "Prancer" just me and my dad. also we would go to God awful Santaland(cherokee, nc) in the middle of July while on vacation :lol: ) Dont worry ill make sure to keep the 24 hour marathon of Christmas Story on the whole time like we always did!... miss you ol' man ;)

He got to see my 7 month old baby girl before he left, unfortunately he wont get to spoil her like he did the oldest... but in your memory Christmas will be cherished!

Hopefully i feel this hopeful when Im fighting thru lines trying to get whatever hogwash my 8 yr old asks for!

Happy Holidays!

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
This is one holiday season I'm not looking forward to. It's technically my first away from home, and that depresses me for the moment

·
humble pie consumer
3,853 Posts
My first Christmas without my dad... this was really the time of the year where he shined most he loved it (the first movie i ever saw in the theatres was "Prancer" just me and my dad. also we would go to God awful Santaland(cherokee, nc) in the middle of July while on vacation :lol: ) Dont worry ill make sure to keep the 24 hour marathon of Christmas Story on the whole time like we always did!... miss you ol' man ;)

He got to see my 7 month old baby girl before he left, unfortunately he wont get to spoil her like he did the oldest... but in your memory Christmas will be cherished!

Hopefully i feel this hopeful when Im fighting thru lines trying to get whatever hogwash my 8 yr old asks for!

Happy Holidays!
keep the happy thoughts and good memories through the season and start a new tradition in his memory. preferably, one with the kids so they will think oh him each year. happy holidays.

·
Time to Ride
7,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My first holidays without my grandparents was tough, they had been there since I was a little kid.

Plus we have issues in our house where it looks like more chance than not my girlfriend and I will be going our seperate ways after teh new year.

But, I can either look at the negative.................or the positive of what I do have.

I have very good memories of people I have lost.
I have the guys I ride with here ( and believe me, you dont know how much I look forward to those rides)
I have my daughter
I have clean underwear
I have a job
I eat

and today, I get to go ride and donate some money to some very deserving children

·
humble pie consumer
3,853 Posts
My first holidays without my grandparents was tough, they had been there since I was a little kid.

Plus we have issues in our house where it looks like more chance than not my girlfriend and I will be going our seperate ways after teh new year.

But, I can either look at the negative.................or the positive of what I do have.

I have very good memories of people I have lost.
I have the guys I ride with here ( and believe me, you dont know how much I look forward to those rides)
I have my daughter
I have clean underwear
I have a job
I eat

and today, I get to go ride and donate some money to some very deserving children
oh yea, i have to do the laundry!

·
Time to Ride
7,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well, it helps to keep the underwear clean if you do the laundry, or it gets real expensive buying new every day

1 - 20 of 28 Posts