Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

i am Frank and living in Berlin/Germany. Next year i visit so USA for 3 month for a longterm holiday. Normally i am driving my bike, a ZX12R Ninja, over the german highways and i try to take my bike with me for the holiday. But all options of carry my bike are to expensive. Also it is to expensive, to rent a bike for 3 month and it is to difficult, complex and maybe wasteful to buy a bike in the USA and resell it.

But maybe i search not enough. Can anyone here give me a tip? What can i do to drive a bike during my holidays too?

Thanx for your help

greetz

Frank

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Where will you be traveling to? Which States and what kind of motorcycle did you want to ride?

ps. Welcome to the forum

·
Motorcycle Momma
839 Posts
Frank,

Welcome to the forum. Must be nice to have a 3 month vacation!!!! Where do you plan on going??? Maybe you could work something out with someone on the forum?

Heather

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Heather, hi Adam,

thanxx for your welcome. I have no plans about the states to vist. I come were i get the best conditions for my journey. For example, when i can carry my bike with ship to Miami, i go there. When i get a cheap filght to Boston, i go there. When i get a good stay in Nevada, i stay there, if it is better to follow the sun, i will do that. I have time 3 month, so i can do many things.

But the favorite states are California, Florida, Lousiana.

Also the kind of bike is equal for my. Okay... not to small, but HD, Honda, Kawa... it is not important.

The best way would be to have my own bike, but the carry by ship or plane is to expensive.

Something about me you can find here: http://biker.de/profil/kdk11

Thanxx for your answers

greetz

Frank

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hi, Frank. I'm a little biased, but if you find yourself near North Carolina, we have some of the most beautiful motorcycle roads anywhere. Especially in the western part of the state.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi risdo,

i dont tink so that it is biased. I am also sure, that Berlin is the most beautiful city in the world. Maybe i can check your words and see a part of north carolina.

·
Motorcycle Momma
839 Posts
Frank,

Everyone is going to be asking you to come to "Their" states. If you can get a cheap flight to either Nashville or Louisville you can come see my family and I in lilttle Munfordville. There is lots to see in thelocal area for tourists..Mammouth Cave is the main thing!!!!

Heather

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
HI heather,

jepp, but if i try to visit all of them, then are 3 month a to short time. I need then 3 years as possible but my employer will show me his middle finger and ask me "Are you crasy?"

But i will see, what i can do. Tennesee can be interesting.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
VISITING

I live in Kansas. Kansas City Kansas and Misouri ar enice palces, but not as nice as Kentucky, Tennessee, West Virginia...Rhode Island, CT to ME is nice including PA. The south like Arizona, New Mexico, Texas California...especially at this time of year are nice because of the warmer weather. I suppose a full souther n route is great including Texas, Lousiana, Alabama and Florida...there are many forum members in all of these states. I wish you well and hope that you enjoy 3 wonderful months of traveling and meeting some great folks out here. You may run into Amish Groups and that would be fun to speak in your native tounge. PA has some and they ar escatered all over the country including Misouri. I'm not knocking my home state of Kansas for Tourism, it is just that things are fairly flat for most of the state. Topeka and Abaline, Kansas City are the main attractions. Dodge City, and other towns are nice, but for the most part, ther eisn't much excitement here compared to the other states for riding and seeing many things that are diffferent. Farming is still the major thing in this state...I suppose someone has to do it...somewhere...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hmmm...

i dont forthcomes with my arrangements..

Can anybody give me some tips for online portals for used bikes in the USA or Canada?

Thxx Frank

·
Registered
30 Posts
KDK, the Louisiana/Mississippi ride is nice. Just look for Hwy 90, it runs through some nice marshland clear through to Mississippi and the gulf coast. I'm originally from new orleans, so i know that ride particularly well. Can't wait to do it on the Ninja :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
@ Eku

I hope that i can visit New Orleans, because my wife want to vist me in my holidays and New Orleans is her favorite.

@Freak

Nice site, thats what i am searching for.

Also your own site, but you only sell new bikes or not?

Greetz

Frank

·
Motorcycle Momma
839 Posts
Risdo,

Also try ebay...I bought my 2 kawi's from there!!!!! there are some really good deals there if you look. Pick the kind of bike you like and set up a favorite search and ebay will notify you if any prospects come up.

Heather

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi,

i´ve checked all your tips, and i know something more than before. Not what i do but i can make me better thoughts.

There is one i wonder why. I found many very cheap new Yamaha R1 in the net. Is there something special with that bike? Here in germany the bike is very expensive.

·
Registered
837 Posts
iv'e been days looking for a good cheap priced place to rent a bike for you and guess what...there is'nt one..they are all crazy with the rental price..im going to sugest that you do what heather and others are telling you and go buy one and sell it when you leave..or if you like it..ship it back to germany for a second bike... 8)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thx Bud for your work. I check many sites myselve and i also find only crasy rates.

I find one which was a good rate on the first look. Ca. 60 $ a day for a HD. But after i read many words i find out, it was without any mile incl. That´s funny, i can park the bike in front of a nice landscape to make some posing photos. When i am back in germany my friends will ask me

"it is funny to drive with a HD?"

and i will answer

"Are you crasy? I cant drive, you stupid. To drive the bike is to expensiv. Watch the nice photos and shut up"

The best way is really buying a bike and resell it. Or i am a chicken, buy a car and rent a bike for some shorttimes.

·
Motorcycle Momma
839 Posts
kdk11,

Don't take the easy way out :lol: . I would go for a bike if possible. I have ridden cross country many times on my bike and I was able to see more and experience more that way. Plus you get to meet a lot of friendly bikers on the road during your travels.

Heather

1 - 20 of 24 Posts