Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Patriot Guard Rider
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got around to covering up the backside of my sissybar. Didn't want to sink about $90 in a piece of chrome just to hide the backside screws so I kept looking until I found a something I liked (belt buckle) and rigged up my own. Nothing fancy but I think it looks better...
Charles

·
Not so Newbie
248 Posts
Great Idea Charles. You can't beat a personal touch. Makes it unique. Thanks for sharing the photos.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Looks pretty cool to me. Isn't it Gadgets sight that shows how to turn faucet covers into oil cap covers? You'se a trend setter.

·
Patriot Guard Rider
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Now you have something no one else has. Looks like it belongs there.

Hope it's secured well. Some kid may want it next time it's parked unattended.
The skull is secured well, but the leather insert will come off if you pull it really hard. Just used velcro to secure it to the back of the sissybar pad because I figured that I might want to change it from a skull to something else later. Not too worried about it out here in the sticks but if someone pops it off, I'm not out much.....got maybe $10 in it and 7 of that was the buckle.

Charles

·
Black, Chrome, & Leather
108 Posts
That looks great. That's true customizing. I'm another one who can't see paying out the wazoo for a back rest insert, so I made my own out of a piece of aluminum diamond plate:

·
Patriot Guard Rider
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Very creative, Charles. I like your saddlebags, too. What kind are they?
Thanks. They are the RiverRoad Classic Slant zip offs. I would have preferred the ones with the side pocket but they didn't have any in stock when I bought mine. Would have liked to have gotten some nicer ones but I used the Easy Brackets and didn't want to break the bank. :eek:

Charles

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Individualizing your bike is half of the fun of owning it. Like you, the sissy bar pad needed something other than the plastic Flying V. Found a good looking "Live to Ride" metal medallion at JC Whitney that just fit in the space. Good looking and pretty inexpensive.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts