Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's just been launched over here in Europe.
Over here, its called the Honda CTX 1300, in the States you call it Fury.

I must admit, when I first saw it in the mags, I wasn't really into it, small tank etc.

But now I've seen it up close for real and I must say, it looks WICKED.

Pity Kawa don't follow suit and bring out something along those lines, I think it would be a top seller, I'm sure the Fury will sell very well over here anyway.

What do you think of the bike ? Would you buy one ??

·
2x the bike for 1/2 the $
1,175 Posts
In person, they do look pretty nice. Would be even better with the rear lowered a bit. Would I buy one? No. A huge part of a motorcycle for me is the power. I would rather spend the same amount for a bike that doesnt look as flashy but has much more 'go power'.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In person, they do look pretty nice. Would be even better with the rear lowered a bit. Would I buy one? No. A huge part of a motorcycle for me is the power. I would rather spend the same amount for a bike that doesnt look as flashy but has much more 'go power'.
Fair enough mate.

How much do they cost in the Staes by the way ?

Over here, 15000 Euros. Which is about $12 - 13000.

·
Registered
15,327 Posts
Same price over here. I like it a lot. Sat on one it fit great. Obviously not for a distance bike but would be nice to have for around town. Think the price is a bit high IMO. Would be better at around 10k. If it had the 1800 engine in it that I could understand the price.

·
2x the bike for 1/2 the $
1,175 Posts
Last one I saw at a (non-honda specific) dealership was priced at $12999, if I recall correctly. For that price range, i'd rather get a Star/Yamaha Warrior, or if I wanted the chopperesk look, a grand more would get me the Star/Yamaha Raider.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Same price over here. I like it a lot. Sat on one it fit great. Obviously not for a distance bike but would be nice to have for around town. Think the price is a bit high IMO. Would be better at around 10k. If it had the 1800 engine in it that I could understand the price.
Yes mate, totally agree.
You can't sit on it for miles on end but for short trips - yeah great.

Still wish KAWA could top it and go for a bit more power and comfort.
Who knows, maybe they're working on it as we speak !!

·
Registered
15,327 Posts
Yes mate, totally agree.
You can't sit on it for miles on end but for short trips - yeah great.

Still wish KAWA could top it and go for a bit more power and comfort.
Who knows, maybe they're working on it as we speak !!
I've read rumors that Kawi is bringing back the Mean Streak based off the new 1700 engine. And I read it in a couple magazines so it's not just forum rumors. Still, a rumor is a rumor until the spy photos come out. :lol: A 1700 Mean Streak and a Custom would sell VERY well here, IMO!!!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've read rumors that Kawi is bringing back the Mean Streak based off the new 1700 engine. And I read it in a couple magazines so it's not just forum rumors. Still, a rumor is a rumor until the spy photos come out. :lol: A 1700 Mean Streak and a Custom would sell VERY well here, IMO!!!
Now that WOULD be cool mate !

·
Novice Tank Roller
15,810 Posts
At least to Ryan! :D

·
Novice Tank Roller
15,810 Posts
Nobody will follow suit. The chopper craze and style is dying fast. Honda's about 5 years too late as it is.
+1

I gave way from that craze to my sport bikes and sport-touring. I think the next craze should be gray-haired guys riding on the track! :biggrin:

·
BACK ON TWO WHEELS
13,542 Posts
Last one I saw at a (non-honda specific) dealership was priced at $12999, if I recall correctly. For that price range, i'd rather get a Star/Yamaha Warrior, or if I wanted the chopperesk look, a grand more would get me the Star/Yamaha Raider.
Paid less than that for my V2K LT brand new!!!:eek:

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
As far as looks go, I like it. I think Honda did a great job putting out a chopper style bike, good clean open lines and a nice low sexy stance. Far better than any other offering with a radiator strapped to the front. At least in my humble opinion.

Would I buy one? MMMmmmm... na, not for me. Although it has a little more power, it does have a couple major limitations compared to my 900c, in my view. One being that there is nowhere to pack anything for a long trip, not even an option to add aftermarket saddlebags, not even a hook point for bungee netting. But more important, it just can't keep up with the type of riding (hard twisties, with the occasional scraping pegs) I like to do locally.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
+1

I gave way from that craze to my sport bikes and sport-touring. I think the next craze should be gray-haired guys riding on the track! :biggrin:
Last time I was at the track there was this old hillbilly looking dude there. Road his bike to tech barefoot in bib overalls. LOL

I honestly think the next craze is going to be cheap custom built bikes. There are a lot of back yard bike builders that are starting to do some nice stuff and do them pretty cheap. As they are getting more known I see them starting to sell more. Guys like guilty Customs and stuff that can make you a sweet custom one off bike for under $30,000 and you won't look like everyone else and you'll have the same payment as the HD rider next to you. There was also a builder featured in Cycle Source in the last month or two that was building really nice rides for $15,000 and under.

Although last year I was reading a biker magazine on the flight down to Florida and they predicted custom trikes being the next craze. I've yet to see one around Detroit but when we go tot Dayton we saw a TON of custom trikes at Biketoberfest.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.