Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Honda NT700V...what do you think?

8K views 37 replies 13 participants last post by  2thdr 
#1 ·
I just came across this new to the U.S. model

2010 NT700V - Honda Powersports

What do you think? I really like it for an entry bike into touring. I was also thinking about trying to set up a Ninja 650R for touring like PSNinja's bike.

#27 ·
Thanks guys! And thanks for the tips Steve. I've read some about using my legs more to hold the tank and take the pressure off the wrists. If my old man body is too uncomfortable I can always add heli bars. At first I thought it had some, but after looking at some other photos, I think I'm just looking at the OEM bars. I can't wait for it to get here tomorrow!
Here's another good read, it continues onto page 2

Master Yoda's Riding Position

#28 ·
Well guys (and gals, PSNinja), I pulled the trigger and got what I've been lusting after...a sport touring kind of bike. I found a well cared for Honda VFR 800...she's a beauty with about 25k miles, 2004 model. Being delivered on Saturday! I'm stoked needless to say...

View attachment 34014
Excellent!!! Great choice! You should be stoked!!

(and gals, PSNinja), Thanks!!

#29 ·
Thanks guys! And thanks for the tips Steve. I've read some about using my legs more to hold the tank and take the pressure off the wrists. If my old man body is too uncomfortable I can always add heli bars. At first I thought it had some, but after looking at some other photos, I think I'm just looking at the OEM bars. I can't wait for it to get here tomorrow!
What "old man body"???? Aren't we the same age?!?!!? :tongue:

#30 ·
Kevin has Conti Trail Attacks on his V-Strom and says he likes the back, but that the front started wobbling after a few miles. He researched it on the net among other v-strom riders who had the same problem. Keeping it pumped up helps some, but not much.

I tried on the new Honda. Seemed to fit me really well. Had it been out when I bought my 650R, I would have given it a serious look.

#31 ·
Kevin has Conti Trail Attacks on his V-Strom and says he likes the back, but that the front started wobbling after a few miles. He researched it on the net among other v-strom riders who had the same problem. Keeping it pumped up helps some, but not much.

I tried on the new Honda. Seemed to fit me really well. Had it been out when I bought my 650R, I would have given it a serious look.
The guys and gals on the VFR World forum seem to love the Conti Road Attacks (and the newer sport mileage variant).

Which new Honda? I didn't think the VFR1200 was at the show?

#36 ·
The guys and gals on the VFR World forum seem to love the Conti Road Attacks (and the newer sport mileage variant).

Which new Honda? I didn't think the VFR1200 was at the show?
The NT700V. Saw it last Christmas in AL when visiting. Then again at Westside and the show.

#37 ·
Thanks guys...I'm really excited to get on and learn how to handle her. Wish there was an inexpensive course available to teach a cruiser to graduate to a sporty bike. I guess all the same principles apply until taken to the next level with more aggressive cornering? I think she has Conti Road Attacks and I can still see the "Road Attack" embossed into the rear's tread, so they've got to be almost new.
How much do you hate that VFR now? :wink:
jfwy-that bike is a beauty.

Here is a great book that will help you transition to a sportier mount:

Amazon.com: Sport Riding Techniques: How To Develop Real World Skills for Speed, Safety, and Confidence on the Street and Track (9781893618077): Nick Ienatsch, Kenny Roberts: Books

great info, really well written. You'll have plenty of time to read it while the snow melts in the passes.

#38 ·
How much do you hate that VFR now? :wink:
jfwy-that bike is a beauty.

Here is a great book that will help you transition to a sportier mount:

Amazon.com: Sport Riding Techniques: How To Develop Real World Skills for Speed, Safety, and Confidence on the Street and Track (9781893618077): Nick Ienatsch, Kenny Roberts: Books

great info, really well written. You'll have plenty of time to read it while the snow melts in the passes.
Thanks for the title. I'm reading Keith Code's Twisted Throttle II with the DVD. It may be a little advanced for me, but I've just started it. Will check out Sport Riding too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.