Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, this is a one time deal. Its a store trying to get in good with its ditributers so they are offering a one time deal in November to buy name brand stuff AT COST!!! Yes, you read that right. They won't make a proffit on this. It is just to get the store discounts for later orders. Basicly this is how it works. The more people buy, the more we all save on this one time deal. Here is a link with the info.

http://www.sportbikechat.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=339#339

http://www.solomotoparts.com/

I personaly am looking at some new rubber, a zero gravity double bubble, and possably a steering damper. Only thing is I don't really know enough about sterring dampers to make a good choice. If anyone could give me some recomendations that would be great.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I just got an email reply from "solomotoparts", they tell me that they should have a quote for me around mid November. COOL!!!!!! :D

I hope they have good prices, otherwise I would have waited for nothing and I really want to get a new exhaust!! :?

I hope this pans out!! :D

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
EXHAUST

You need to price the exhaust system from BEARTOOTH KAWASAKI! Not only are they our sponsor, the phone call is FREE, but they also give us a Discount...Call and ask them for a price...tell them an "Angell" told you to call (HA)...so much for a discount??? NOT!

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well personaly I think at cost parts is worth the wait. I used to work in retail so I know how much mark up is in things like this.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Well here's the email I got today:

Here are the prices for the parts you requested for your 2003 ZX6RR:

Yoshimura RS-3 Low Mount Slip-On in:
- w/Oval Stainless Steel Canister - $266.80 (Y1461255)
- w/Oval Titanium Canister - $327.05 (Y1461257)
- w/Oval Carbon Fiber Canister - $382.10 (Y1461252)

I'm assuming low mount means standard mount.

Muzzy
slip-on w/oval stainless steel canister – N/A
slip-on w/oval titanium canister – $432.20 (M101400050)
slip-on w/oval carbon fiber canister – $432.20 (M101400049)

Let me know if you will be picking up. We accept VISA/MC/PAYPAL. California residents will be charged sales tax.
I emailed them back saying that I could get the Yoshi in C/F for $380 shipped elsewhere. They emailed me back saying:

"The prices on parts are so competitive, I don't have my shipping setup yet or I can get you a for sure on it. But.. we're not making money off this sale so we HAVE to be less unless they're losing money on the Yoshi. We can do the pipe for like $360ish. Shipping shouldn't be that much"

So what do you think?? Are these parts at cost?? I don't think so! :?

If they were at cost why did it go down from $382.10 to 360ish??? I'm sure they aren't going to loose money. :roll:

I think they are good prices but NO where near cost, simply because other dealers are beating this quote!

So much for that! I've decided to order an Akrapovic and these guys don't carry Akrapovic. I can get the Akrapovic Slip-On for my 2003 ZX6RR in Carbon Fiber for $434 shipped. That's only about $54 more than the Yoshimura Carbon Fiber. :D

Anyway good luck guys!

:?

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The price that you get from these guys on this "at cost" think depends entirely on how much was ordered. Maybe not many people ordered new exhaust. I know I saved almost $200 on tires. I only saved about $10 on a new wind screan. The reason is that there were many more tires ordered so the distributer gave them a better deal. A dealer would charge $350 to $400 for the tires I got.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Green Knight, thanks for throwing in. We'll get you a shipping quote soon.

Yoshimura parts are so competitive it's tough to get a good price. "At Cost" varies from dealer to dealer and some dealers can get better deals on certain items. We're trying to go direct to Yosh right now because our rates aren;'t great at the moment as you can see :x

Anyways, thanks Green Knight for the marketing- anything you need, anytime. Let me know.

We're doing an alpinestars and shoei/arai (if we can get them) promotion in December once our site is up. There won't be a wait this time!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks for all the great...

Links...Anyone know the secrets of discountcycleparts.com?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks for all the great...

Links...Anyone know the secrets of discountcycleparts.com?

·
Registered
619 Posts
I checked out some of their riding gear prices. It is not any different from other online retailers like newenough or ridegear! I am not sure about this not making profit thingy!

·
Registered
358 Posts
This is what happens when you use the search........ Old dead posts get dug up and start wandering around again. Oh well, it is Halloween, isn't it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts